new to the site

nistarbo

Member +
Hi lads been lurking on the site for a while and decided to sign up.
I havnt got a starlet yet but in the process of buying 1 (love ep82's)
although its not looking good for insurance as I want to go legal and declare turbo.
Can any1 recomend any insurance companys in ni that tend to be cheap?
Cheers
Ps im 23 , drive a taxi full time 3 points and cheapest quote so far is £4000

Last edited:

moony187

Member +
Mate you're getting some unbelievable quotes!!! £4000-£6000??? Feel for you man, it just gets you thinking though, imagine actually getting insured for that kind of money.....all the parts and upgrades you'd be reluctant to spend cash on because of insurance :/ it ain't right

nistarbo

Member +
I know its ridiculous, I got a letter from adrian flux today they quoted £9897 thats with no mods except an alarm system.
Im waiting on a quote from a group that have always been the cheapest for me to get back and if thats to dear I think it will have to be a 1.0 fiesta or somthing to get the ncb up a bit.

Jay

Admin
Welcome aboard buddy, sounds like a bit of a nightmare with the insurance quotes so far. Might be worth trying the likes of Greenlight (they advertise on reallymeansounds) just in case they can offer something a bit less scary.

Could always opt for a UK-spec 4EFE and upgrade at a later stage but hopefully you find some cover that suits!

Jay

nistarbo

Member +
cheers jay and colin
il just keep trying and hopefully get somthing thats not over the odds, thats the downfall of being a named driver for the first few years.
ive had my heart set on an ep82 for a few years jay, although that may be more realistic to start off 4efe then upgrade eventually to efte

nistarbo

Member +
Well good news on the insurance front lads. I got a brilliant quote for under £1000 which is brilliant because I was expecting to pay up to £2000!
So hopefully I will be on the starlet scene soon and get to meets etc :)

nistarbo

Member +
Europa general/rsa
I think they have joined together now.
They where willing to give me 3years ncb because I have been a named driver with them along with a few other discounts.
Just need to get the gt now

nistarbo

Member +
Flux quoted the dearest for me , I dont know what it was maybe postcode or lack of ncb but gkad im on the right track

nistarbo

Member +
Thanks for the welcomes lads.
Still on the lookout for a gt hopefully wont take to long to find 1 that tickles my fancy :)

nistarbo

Member +
Well bit of an update
Put a deposit on a gt on friday and hopefully get it monday night just get the insurance policy started and im ready to go :)

Phil

Super Moderator
Well bit of an update
Put a deposit on a gt on friday and hopefully get it monday night just get the insurance policy started and im ready to go :)

Good work :) is it the quadlight on gumtree you had asked about before? Looks sweet

Phil

nistarbo

Member +
Yea phil, its not to bad the interior isnt as bad as it looks in the pic and was suprised that them seats are recaros. Found a few extra mods as well. It will take me a while to get to know the car but I have been in contact with jay and he is going to check it all out for me at some stage and give me some advice on the mods
Overall it has its bad points but decided to take it :)