MK1 Glowlight panel on MK3 wiring

SKINY

Lifer
:Dso is this plug and play into the rear loom then folks ? Or will i need to ghetto engineer it into the rear side light circuit ?
i will have the complete boot lid with wiring loom at Xmas, the missus has been good to me but dosnt know it yet :) lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
if you had a mk2, you may be lucky and it have remanants of the light up loom, but on a mk3 i would imagine there is nothing there and you will want to wire into the sidelights. you will only really know when you take a look. its only 1 power wire and a ground, so nice and easy :)

SKINY

Lifer
Hopefully it's just a matter off swapping my rear loom from the seat back Rab, no big deal if it's not tho :)
Dac69er yea easy enough tho if not

SKINY

Lifer
got at this today lol, located the plug Rab mentioned above but it has no power when side lights are on, so i made an incision to the glowpanel + wire and then tapped into the side light wire before the rear light plug.
panel wouldn't light up, tested it and its getting power so pulled bulbs out and they are very very dim. Played about with it for a while then gave up baffled ??
using the mk1 loom from the panel back too

Jay

Admin
The lights glow so it will only 'properly' light up in the dark. You could always wire it directly off a battery to see if it makes any difference in brightness though.

SKINY

Lifer
Will switch it on later and see in the dark what it's like buddy :)
Only thing I can think is a slight voltage drop using a slightly thicker wire to make the connection from loom too loom but it's minimal at maybe 12", multimeter at it next week if it don't glow later

JayGTT

Fresh Recruit
It’s criminal that it doesn’t work like the clock and be really bright during the day so it can be seen!