£1200 quid and an alpine catalogue, what would you get?

monka

Member +
well, i cant make up my mind on what to get,

got a cheap system in mind, costing about 600,

9884 headunit,
mrp352 and 300 amps,
type R components,
type s 10'' sub

or having a look through again today, i though about the following

the iva106 headunit, (dvd motorised screen)
2 pdx amp, (new digital ones, very good amps)
type R components,
type R 10 inch sub,

tbh the second lot is only going to give me an extra 400w rms, although the sound quality will be much better, but at the same time, will be over double the price.

what do people reckon

i want, a headunit, front comps, (16.5cm) and a 10 inch sub. budget isnt restricted to £1200 quid, but dont wanna go over it to much.

GTdan

In The Closet
any reason you wanna go alpine??

if set up properly, with all the correct wiring, the head unit wont make much difference.

What would you prefer a pop ut monitor or a normal face off cd player??

Sigma

Member +
£1200 you could have a monster sounding, completely uncoventional setup.

£400 - Genesis profile sub amp. Genuine 0.55Kilowatt rms!
£100 - Pair of Alpine Type L 12"s
£250 - Nakamichi CD500 Headunit
£150 - Kef 6.5 uniqs!
£100 - cabling
£50 - decent sub cabinet!

Done :)

If you want to go down this route, have a listen to mine, as this is my exact spec and it sounds astonishing, ie. quality sound off judges have offered me sponsorship. ;)

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Is this for a Starlet buddy? I would buy a £100 stereo, leave the front speakers in (they make enough noise) and strip the rest out if it was me :)

Engines sounds better anyway :haha:

Then I would spunk the rest on the chassis!

T

dantheman

Member +
Is this for a Starlet buddy? I would buy a £100 stereo, leave the front speakers in (they make enough noise) and strip the rest out if it was me :)

Engines sounds better anyway :haha:

Then I would spunk the rest on the chassis!

T

:haha: exactly what ive done.. ive got an alpine head unit and im ganna stick some components up front at some point but im not one to drive around with the bassline's pumpin :haha::drive:

monka

Member +
yeah its for the starlet,

and tbh,

cost doesnt really matter, its getting put on my account at work. and its all going to be made so that you can easily remove them for track days/drag

chassis on mine is spot on to how i want it for the moment, only thing i need is a front lower arm bar, not i'm not worried about it. lol

cameroon95

Member +
IMO i wouldnt spend that much at all mate, 200 max. Iv never seen the starlet as the kind of car you "bling "out.

If you want decent sounds, get a hks ssqv:p

mcleod

Member +
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product_list/c_path/60_61_109/spd/17cm---6-5-components/pg/5.html
stick to the makes like rainbow, focal etc. alpines speakers arnt as good as their headunits.
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/6666.html
these are the best value for money sub ive heard there bass is 2nd to none
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8016.html
very nice looking headunit. and the sound quality of alpine are possibly the best as ever. and mate it to this for ipod usage

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/5763.html
and as for an amp if you get the true rms and match it to a class d mono amps rms rating. and remember you get what you pay for.

i only have a set of 4" kicker components mated to the kicker kx75.2 amp and that does the trick i also have a 10" sub and thats good for what i paid for it. and i bought a clarion headunit just to test the water as it has a hard drive. but the ipod connectivity on the clarions are shit. lol

monka

Member +
alpine speakers are ok,

i work in a shop that sells basically only alpine, and really cant fault it. and i dont want a 'value for money sub' i want quallity, and there subs are bloody good

and that headunit, the one below it is actually better, all the 9886 has over the 9884 is imprint sound, which you can put on the 9884 anyway

and cameroon, 200 quid max? so a shitty headunit and a pair of speakers.

like i've said, its 1200 quid on account, so dont have to pay all at once, i work for the guy, and its all going to be made so it can be taken out easily. plus its a basic system, hence why i'm going for a 10'' rather than a couple of 12''s

mcleod

Member +
alpine speakers are ok,

i work in a shop that sells basically only alpine, and really cant fault it. and i dont want a 'value for money sub' i want quallity, and there subs are bloody good

and that headunit, the one below it is actually better, all the 9886 has over the 9884 is imprint sound, which you can put on the 9884 anyway

like i've said, its 1200 quid on account, so dont have to pay all at once, i work for the guy, and its all going to be made so it can be taken out easily. plus its a basic system, hence why i'm going for a 10'' rather than a couple of 12''s

by the sounds of this then you've made your choice then. so if you already no this then why post a thread about it as you r not interested in other makes. and also is 1200 quid a good amount to spend on some OK speakers?

monka

Member +
OK speakers? i was going to get the type r's. they sound spot on.

and i havent got my mind set,

the post is, £1200 and an alpine catualouge, not 1200 and any thing audio,

cameroon95

Member +
alpine speakers are ok,

Each tho their own, I think the stock speakers werent that bad on my old gt. but I guess I aint fussy:homer:

Beaker

Member +
I would get an 80 quid headunit and a return flight to australia via bankok with a bit of spending money.
I know where you are coming from as I have spent quite a bit on my av equipment (all Bang and Olufsen) but in a car it doesnt really matter about quality because you have an engine making noise that will effect what you hear.

jamesgtturbo

Member +
i no its your money bud , but i honestly wouldnt spend that much on ice , a starlets not meant to be all subwoofered and amped up . it realies on its power to weight ratio , spend it on performance mods mate you will get a lot more of enjoyment out of it