t/t air filter reloc kit
t/t anti lift kit
blue flame cat back system
japspeed decat
hks fcd
fse fuel pressure regulator
exedy paddle clutch
and a full service kit(belts, plugs, oil filter)... TOTAL = £2,429.84

now i thought while im fitting the turbo i might aswell do all this in one go as its what i wanted to do in future anyway and i cant have my car off the road in the week so it has to be done in a weekend.
i'll JUST have enough cash to do it but im gonna be broke for the next month so any of you got any ideas on what to buy and fit now, run for a month and what to buy then?

rob

durmz

Member +
seeing as ure doing all that in one hit mate, may as well change all the oils fluids etc. dont forget gaskets too.

after that modding wise ide say its time for some management mate!

dac69er

Super Moderator
i would reconsider the japspeed mani mate. when it cracks its a pain to have to change it. get a better mild steel one when funds allow. will be money well spent

GTti

Member +
Ouch that's alot! Nice although I wouldn't have spent that much yet only £100 on an FCD to try and tune it with :rolleyes:

ChrisGT

Member +
i would reconsider the japspeed mani mate. when it cracks its a pain to have to change it. get a better mild steel one when funds allow. will be money well spent

Yeah was my only qualm with the basket! Go for a mild steel mani. I've just ordered one of SPS's CT9 manis, comes with a 1 year warranty!

Looks good besides that mate!

ryan_v

Lifer
Uprated actuator. But think your silly not goin td04, the exhaust housing is goin to crack on any ct9 and you can get a td04l for £50 and make more power without maxing the turbo out.

Idrees

Banned
Wow that is a lot of money for all that. If you look around I bet you can save soooo much money!!! Or even get some of the bits second hand.

GTti

Member +
Not everyone wants to go TD04! Porting will help reduce stagnant exhaust gasses around that area, so if it's in perfect condition then the housing will last a good while.

Rob_GlanzaV

Fresh Recruit

ahh sweet. thanks for the advice mate :) toy tuning do a mild steel mani, would you reccomend?

Rob_GlanzaV

Fresh Recruit
Ouch that's alot! Nice although I wouldn't have spent that much yet only £100 on an FCD to try and tune it with :rolleyes:

yea your right. im just not dead sure what to do, i keep changing my mind all the time lol. what ecu would you reccomend?

Rob_GlanzaV

Fresh Recruit
Wow that is a lot of money for all that. If you look around I bet you can save soooo much money!!! Or even get some of the bits second hand.

that does sound like a good idea however i need the parts asap and dont really want to be chasing this from here that from there if you get me? although it may be the only way by the looks of that sum :p cars off the road at min anyway cos of seals and bearings but this bike seat is killing my nuts! i dont know how much more saddle bashing they can take! haha

Rob_GlanzaV

Fresh Recruit
Uprated actuator. But think your silly not goin td04, the exhaust housing is goin to crack on any ct9 and you can get a td04l for £50 and make more power without maxing the turbo out.

yea i see where your coming from mate but i want to keep her ct9 tbh. thanks for the advice though:) and iv already got hks actuator on standard ct9 lol :)

GTti

Member +
Well I think it depends on what you want from the car. An emanage should surfice and see better / safter results than a rough tune with a FCD and FPR.

Just give it a think through before you hit the checkout as it seems like you're rushing into it a little.

Making your own CT9 hybrid could save you alot of money, or using a cheaper more easily available TD04 solution may save you enough to get the car tuned with a piggy back anyway.

You need to just weigh up your options!

GTdan

In The Closet
if your spending all that money, and buying new, from toytuning, im sure if you give them a ring/email they may do a discount for you........

Idrees

Banned
Have you looked in to the TT Hybrid? Happy with what power gains you get from it? Have you looked at any other Hybrids such as Tong Turbos?

gglavin

Member +
maybe 330cc injectors, sort your brakes & handling too, lines , pads & discs,coilovers, braces, antiroll bars, there are great deals going on at the moment, thats a lot of £££££. im sure you would get a discount when buying all that

Last edited:

Sean_GT

Member +
Thats allot of cash:eek:

I bet you could hunt around on here and ukstarletclub and get pretty much all those bits you need second hand today for a cut of the price.

jay-glanza-v

Fresh Recruit
nice choice of parts mate but would reconsider the mani, mines cracked 3times in 3places had it welded twicw alot af hassel ya cud reli do without...