0-100mph

PelvisGt

Member +
i guess once the td05 has hit full boost it would be ok but like rory said it so depends on setup and other things.

Gilly2006

Member +
depends on what boost pressure both turbo is running too, but thats the just the same as what rory said. the TD05 would pull stronger up the rev range but there would be more lag than the TD04, but there is soo many different setups people are using its very difficult to fully answer your question.

goldenvtr

Member +
not related to your question but i do have some input.

from my experiance on my setups:

my 5e gets to 100mph at 0.9bar quicker than my 4e did at 1.2bar BUT the 4e was significantly faster after 100mph than my 5e is at the moment.

i noticed this by compairing my time slips from the 1.4mile. on all of them pretty much i get to 95 ish mph quicker in the 5e but from 90mph onwards the 4e pulled alot quicker.

pretty impressive really shows your what the 5e torque can do!

richglanzav

Member +
KK LADS sorry i wasnt very specific lets just say two 4e engines exact same spec or same car even...just with say td04 at 1.2 bar then td05 at 1.2 bar

i just wondered as im completely stumped for what turbo to go for lol what do u reckon the lag will be like on sam's td04/t3 hybrid.

golden vtr - your car is mint i want it

goldenvtr

Member +
lol cheers dude :p, Well i would say both running 1.2bar the td05 would win to 100 by a fair bit, as soon as you hit 3rd gear it would pull away is they where sat side by side.

hybrids are a tricky one its just trial and error really

richglanzav

Member +
hmmmm ok lol...i really starting to piss myself off lol i cnt make up my mind on what to go for its such a hard choice cus such a lot of money probz be td05 tho lol

goldenvtr

Member +
are you planning on forging? main question is what do you want from the car. the td04 is a very adiquit turbo and can easyly make 250+

richglanzav

Member +
yeh im gna get mine forged but wud the td04 be pushed hard and not last very long making 250odd bhp

i want sumthin thats driveable and quick on the roads ive posted questions about every known turbo setup pretty much never makin up my mind pissin me off and no doubt others aswell lol

starbogt

Member +
If you want big power and fast spool try looking into the VF series off the impreza's etc they're same flanges as TD04 td05 but ballbearing I think vf23 or vf28 are ok but don't quote may be a little big.

Gee

Member +
not related to your question but i do have some input.

from my experiance on my setups:

my 5e gets to 100mph at 0.9bar quicker than my 4e did at 1.2bar BUT the 4e was significantly faster after 100mph than my 5e is at the moment.

i noticed this by compairing my time slips from the 1.4mile. on all of them pretty much i get to 95 ish mph quicker in the 5e but from 90mph onwards the 4e pulled alot quicker.

pretty impressive really shows your what the 5e torque can do!

Bigger displacement, but less pull over 100mph? Is this because of the size of the turbo? I think it has been mentioned that the TD04L maybe too small for the 5E when it comes to topend?

And in regards to the VF, you won't get faster spool with a VF. They are ball bearing but too big for the 4E. It will lag more than a TD04L. Not sure compared to the TD05, may even lag more than that if it is bigger?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
gee how can the tdo4 be too small for a 5E but work really well managing a decent 150MPH fairly quickly on the subaru which is a 2.0litre?

Gee

Member +
gee how can the tdo4 be too small for a 5E but work really well managing a decent 150MPH fairly quickly on the subaru which is a 2.0litre?

I'll try find what people have said about it, I'm not explaining it propery. But I was thinking about this myself the other day.

Gee

Member +
Can't find the thread.

I don't understand it either, but look at what Dan has said. Why did he 4E pull better over 100mph than the 5E does on the same turbo?

EDIT: Just noticed he is running less boost which will have something to do with it, but there definately were some issues with 5E and turbo application, it really does need to be of a certain size, but I can't remember why! Gorgan/HardcoreEP will have to advise!

Si_Glanza

Member +
Simple Answer at 1/8 of a mile i was doing 90.00mph that took 8.7 Seconds to get there so id say 100 comes around 10's

goldenvtr

Member +
Gee - its simply becuase off less boost. the diffrence that 0.3bar extra makes form 0.9 onwards puts the t0d4 in a better efficiancy range. i remember when i went 4e from 0.8 to 1.1 and it was like going from ct9 to td04 all over agian. i have no doubt that once its running 1.2 bar again it will Deffintly be faster over 100 that the 4e was.

Gee

Member +
Gee - its simply becuase off less boost. the diffrence that 0.3bar extra makes form 0.9 onwards puts the t0d4 in a better efficiancy range. i remember when i went 4e from 0.8 to 1.1 and it was like going from ct9 to td04 all over agian. i have no doubt that once its running 1.2 bar again it will Deffintly be faster over 100 that the 4e was.

Did you not see the post from Gorgan or Extreme EP about turbo application for the 5E?

Dan3SGTE

Member +

agree, the CT20 from 0.7bar to 1.0bar was ridiculous. Felt about 50HP difference.... from 2nd gear not spinning that much at all to it burning the rubber right through.....