1.25 Fiesta against a V

scoobykiller

Member +
Rite folks my m8s il bro drves a 1.25 Fiesta (think its an 05 kinda plate) bog standard apart from a stupid big bore exhaust that sounds shit, anyway he was braggng about whipping a Glanza on his way home from work one nite. Now i think am right in saying that ther is now way a 1.25 Fiesta would have a chance against a Glanza, am i right ??

Cant wait t get my V on the roads t show him what like lol

scoobykiller

Member +
I dont need t be told lol, just wanted to show him that he ws speakin shit, once i my V on the road soon i think i will just have to prove this to him lol

Bazza

Member +
Hahaaa! Some people do make me giggle!

Sounds like a lad that I know who said his 1.3 civic would beat my old glanza! Dreamer!!

kemnaychris

Member +
I had a Zetec fiesta t reg did 124 mph but there's no way it would beat a glanza no chance maybe a n/a lol but nah the glanza must I been running 3 cylinders lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
my girlfriends n/a starlet is a tiny bit quicker than a 1.25 zetec fiesta.

the handling is better on the ford though!

96v

Member +
Mate, just tell him to pipe down!
If he had any sort of clue, he would know that a 1.25 festa would not have a chance against a 1.3 TURBO glanza!

What a dweeb

danb87

South East England Area Rep
was the glanza on the back of a recovery truck lol? thats the only way i could see that happening lol

Reeco

Member +
no chance he probally over took the glanza and the glanza driver just laughed at him so he taught he was great.

is usualy what i do, i just dont bother with the saxo/corsa/fiesta/106 bellends now, the amount of them overtaking me on the motorway and thinking theyve won some sort of race with me is unbelievable. usualy just laugh them off, there isnt many cars out there that wont do over 75mph if you have had a good 8 mile run up.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Unless the Glanza was an utter ball of shite theres no way it could'e happend.

Just remember to bring it to a track or drag strip,streetracing is illegal,and its against the rules talking about it on the forums.

Dan

richglanzav

Member +
at the risk of shooting myself down here, i think for what they are the fiesta 1.25's are excellent cars lol.

my mate had a mk4 'tear drop' headlight fiesta 1.25 zetec with lowering springs etc and the handling was seriously good lol wayyy better than a glanza, i mean you could literally throw it at a corner.

the little zetec engines are great revvy little things but obviously no match for a 4efte haha theres a vid on youtube of a ct9 glanza and it whoops an st fiesta

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
at the risk of shooting myself down here, i think for what they are the fiesta 1.25's are excellent cars lol.

my mate had a mk4 'tear drop' headlight fiesta 1.25 zetec with lowering springs etc and the handling was seriously good lol wayyy better than a glanza, i mean you could literally throw it at a corner.

the little zetec engines are great revvy little things but obviously no match for a 4efte haha theres a vid on youtube of a ct9 glanza and it whoops an st fiesta

i agree with that. i had one of those as my first car and when i got my starlet the handling was shocking in comparison. its a newer engine than the 4e so you would expect it to be pretty decent. as said, its comparable to the 4efe power wise, but when you talk about the 4efte then its a completely different thing.

weeJohn

Lifer
I beat a Ferrari once in my 1 liter KP Starlet when I was in my "R" plates.

Or do you think he maybe didnt know we were racing????????