1 bar boost problem arrghjh

PelvisGt

Member +
Ok im kinda scared now after reading another thread on it lol. I brought my starlet and the guy said its running 1 bar boost but im pretty sure its running a stock manifold. Is there a way of turning it back down to the 0.8? Or is there one component that could make up for it..
This is the stuff it has already on it:

Apexi SR Exhaust System
HKS Adjustable Actuator
HKS Fuel Cut Defence
NGK Iridium Plugs
TRD HT Leads
Uprated Performance Clutch
Zep Racing Dual Row Radiator
K&N induction kit
This is what the guy wrote on the peice of paper, its fine to drive and stuff just wondering :)
Sorry im new to all the techincal stuff :(

ChrisGT

Member +
The boost can be adjusted with the HKS Actuator. Is there no boost gauge of any type then mate? Most likely its running over 0.8bar as he has a FCD in place, so if he is running 1 bar turn it down via the actutor by lengthening the arm. On mine 1 turn equates to roughly 1psi. Get a boost gauge, fit it, and then trial and error your way down to 0.8bar matey.

C

CaL

i wish i could run 1bar....i wouldnt worry about tha mani i would just bore it out a little until you can get a better manifold....you do have a fmic i take it? and a rrfpr?1 bar with out fueling isnt good lol oh and see my guide how to fit a gauge

tosa2tosa

Member +
best to get a fair few mods befor running over 0.8
im running 1.1 at the mo but have all the mods to go with it
the only dif u'll find is the touque not the bhp tho

a gauge is piss easy to fit tho

petbeemer

Member +
Stock the starlet comes with a 2bar map sensor
1bar your breathing now! the other 1bar is positive pressure created by the turbo,no fueling mod's are needed for this nor a fmic(dependant how you drive)

C

CaL

so i wouldnt need a rrfpr to run 1 bar? lol how did the guy know?