1 bar boost?

Jamie Marks

Fresh Recruit
Hi I currently have a ep82 starlet I have standard internals as far as I am aware the car at the moment just has decat induction kit and hks actuator if i bought a fuel cut of defender a front mount and uprated fuel regulator could I run a bar safely?what you would you recomend and at what bhp would you think?
Thanks

youd need a manifold or youll fry your engine as the standard one is too restrictive!

sps dane on here sells top class manifolds at good prices as well as great frount mount intercoolers

MentaLEP91

Member +
well to run 1 bar u also need a manifold and an uprated exhaust system

well it should push out about 170-180bhp max with these mods and a good RR tune

ktl

Member +
Hi I currently have a ep82 starlet I have standard internals as far as I am aware the car at the moment just has decat induction kit and hks actuator if i bought a fuel cut of defender a front mount and uprated fuel regulator could I run a bar safely?what you would you recomend and at what bhp would you think?
Thanks

I just ran 172hp and 180 of torque just under 1 bar.

sps mani
sps decat
hdi intercooler
induction
fpr
fcd

Jamie Marks

Fresh Recruit
oryte thanks so you would recomend 0.9bar I have at bowt 0.7 at the moment would I notice a difference with the front mount?

ktl

Member +
oryte thanks so you would recomend 0.9bar I have at bowt 0.7 at the moment would I notice a difference with the front mount?

Go full on 1 bar if you can, its just that i dont have a boost controller so couldnt get it spot on!

I didnt notice a difference but u need one though if your going 1 bar

I just ran 172hp and 180 of torque just under 1 bar.

sps mani
sps decat
hdi intercooler
induction
fpr
fcd

what boost exactly 0.9 is it? hybrid or standard ct9?

i just bought a sps mani
sps decat
emanage

intercooler actuator ebc on the way! jus wondering what induction kit you using?

ktl

Member +

i just bought a sps mani
sps decat
emanage

intercooler actuator ebc on the way! jus wondering what induction kit you using?

0.98 something stupid like that.

Standard ct9

and just a universal induction mate. Does the job!

Jamie Marks

Fresh Recruit

i just bought a sps mani
sps decat
emanage

Its crap m8 had a apexi but it was nackered when i bought it so i pt one of my ald pipercross ones on as it is in good condition do I need emanage and how much?

ktl

Member +
thats a good result buddy:rockon:

so you just put a filter on the end of the efi pipe is it?

yeh fella, i had to get 1 as the intercooler i got wouldnt let me keep the oem airbox.

Yeah good result, could of seen more but my boost starts to drop meaning i need a boost controller!!!!

:)

yeh fella, i had to get 1 as the intercooler i got wouldnt let me keep the oem airbox.

Yeah good result, could of seen more but my boost starts to drop meaning i need a boost controller!!!!

:)

so you got the filter near the battery or back in the right corner where the oem airbox normally is?

yeah danes boost controller and gauge packets looks tasty:) prob be getting one myself soon! just collecting the parts for the build at the moment!

emanage cost me 490euro and 100 euro for the universal harness needed with it! it not necessary as long as you got your fcd an fpr set up right but would give you a finer tune and would unlock a few horses no doubt!:)

id also recommend an induction kit relocated to front grill from monster motorsport on here would give ya a few more bhp and make your turbo spool quicker!

is there an awful difference at 170bhp than standard?:drive:

ktl

Member +
so you got the filter near the battery or back in the right corner where the oem airbox normally is?

yeah danes boost controller and gauge packets looks tasty:) prob be getting one myself soon! just collecting the parts for the build at the moment!

emanage cost me 490euro and 100 euro for the universal harness needed with it! it not necessary as long as you got your fcd an fpr set up right but would give you a finer tune and would unlock a few horses no doubt!:)

id also recommend an induction kit relocated to front grill from monster motorsport on here would give ya a few more bhp and make your turbo spool quicker!

is there an awful difference at 170bhp than standard?:drive:

Yeah got it setup right well i hope so lol!

I was thinking that but i might hit boost creep which is what i dont want. At the moment im happy of how it performs.

Hell yeah, i was right up a mondeo st v6 ass last night, he couldnt shake me off. im well happy and so will you.
although you'll want more power after a while!!

Yeah got it setup right well i hope so lol!

I was thinking that but i might hit boost creep which is what i dont want. At the moment im happy of how it performs.

Hell yeah, i was right up a mondeo st v6 ass last night, he couldnt shake me off. im well happy and so will you.
although you'll want more power after a while!!

yeah i dont want boost creep either just a pain in the arse!

come up against any civics?:drive: