1 bar

bigal

Member +
alrite lads how do i get my car runing at 1 bar do i put in ecu and map it or is there any other way of getin it up te 1 bar im not to well up on this end of tings so any help wud be grate thanks

alan

PelvisGt

Member +
You need an adjustable actuator to raise the boost to 1 bar but don't otherwise you'll cook the engine unless its done with the right parts.

You'll need the supporting modifications to help it run 1 bar.

These are all the basic modifications just as:

Uprated manifold
Exhaust
Bigger intercooler (front mounted one)
Adjustable actuator

Theres more but i cant think right now. You can just turn it up if you want but it wont last very long

Hope that helps

Fro

Member +
Im not usually one to jump in and bang on about using the search button, but you should have a look around the engine modifications section, iits been covered a couple times lately, if i can be assed finding the threads i`ll stick them in here!

bigal

Member +
cheers mate im just about te get mine on the road the turbo was blown so i wanna find out how te get the best out of my car so any help is grate

Fro

Member +
I had mine running a bar with uprated manifold, exhaust + decat, intercooler, fcd, fpr and a bigger fuel pump. I used a jam actuator so didnt bother with a boost controller but if u use an hks actuator you may well need one?

PelvisGt

Member +
Should get the basics because then you can build from there.

After market Air filter (apexi are good)
After market Exhaust (Blitz nur spec :))
After market manifold (important)
After market front mounted intercooler (HDI)
Adjustable actuator (toy tuning or hks)

You would be set then for turning the boost up a bit but its not worth running 1 bar if it blows up. I had the above and handling mods such as coilovers and running 0.7 (before fuel cut) and it felt fast and nippy :)

Ive sent you a pm as ive got an adjustable actuator for sale :)