1000 hp 3s

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSI RACING

Fresh Recruit
Hey guys, my name is Brendan and I'm new to the forum. Company is PSI Racing out of miami,Florida and wanted to post a video of our drag Starlet from the dyno 1 week ago!

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post it but I'm sure you guys will enjoy it. I'm sure there will be some questions but do believe we are on different time zones so please be patient but I will get around to them! Thank you again and proud to have found the forum!

Watch "Toyota Mr2 3SGTE 1000hp PSI Racing Drag Starlet" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D22i_smiziw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

EP91_Chris

Member +
Awesome, good work. Have you got any photos of the build or a write up? Would be good to have a bit of a read into it.

Phil

Super Moderator
Mental:)

Great to see on the forum, are 3sgte engines regularly worked that hard?

Phil

PSI RACING

Fresh Recruit
Thank you guys, I will post more pics and give you guys a complete write up on the hole set up a lil later! Car was originally 3tc powered then we finally made the 3S switch roughly 2 years ago! Will post many good pics for you guys to give you some better understanding!

Brendan

Murray

Member +
WTF!! You want a car with that turbo haha! Almost sounds like a 2 stroke when ticking over.

Mental

Murray

richglanzav

Member +
i thought the 3s blocks exploded making way less than a 1000 horses and had to be changed for a 5s? lol

flying the flag for the 3sgte awesome car

PSI RACING

Fresh Recruit
i thought the 3s blocks exploded making way less than a 1000 horses and had to be changed for a 5s? lol

flying the flag for the 3sgte awesome car

Yes the 3S block would never hold that kind of power, it is a 5S block with a turbo 3S crank, 3S length GRP Aluminum rods and 87mm Arias pistons! 1st gen 3S head!

Regards,
Brendan

Last edited:

Skalabala

Member +
Yes the 3S block would never hold that kind of power, it is a 5S block with a turbo 3S crank, 3S length GAP Aluminum rods and 87mm Arias pistons! 1st gen 3S head!

Regards,
Brendan

Glad to see more people that knows how to build a 3S :)
What gearbox are you using?
Thats like having a 3S Lipo in a brushless 9000KV 1/10 RC car :p

Last edited:

PSI RACING

Fresh Recruit
Glad to see more people that knows how to build a 3S :)
What gearbox are you using?
Thats like having a 3S Lipo in a brushless 9000KV 1/10 RC car :p
The gearbox used is a clutchless 5 speed made by G-Force! The cars best E.T. is a 7:36 @ 173mph, we have seen 185mph and that was when we were making 899whp. We're pushing hard to get into the sixes!

Regards,
Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.