11's on TD04???

-Harry-

Member +
Hey guys,

Ive just thrown a TD04 on my car as Ive been doing a lot of circuit work. I was just wondering with quite a few into the 11's now if anyone has done it with a TD04? I dont really care about hp, more times. Season is pretty much over now here, but early next year I think Ill head out for a crack and start running a few drag meets.

Cheers

Harry

PS yes I searched but found nothing specific. The qm leader board was a little helpful though

Last edited:

J25GTi

Lifer
I doubt it as kon did an 11.5 with a td05 18g and that's the daddy... And full drag slicks etc

J25GTi

Lifer
Well if kon has been working on his car for years with a full td05 18g conversion (its the biggest td05 there is) and drag slicks, and many thousands of hours work and thousands of 's going into it.

And the same with animalgt.

On standard pump fuel and no headwork, cams etc and just a td04 set up I would say mid-high 12's.

I hope you get 11's but I doubt it.

steveatyork

Member +
I reckon it could be done,if you could get the weight down to 800kg or less and have 280bhp or so I can't see why not,there's a fair few r5gtt doing 11s with that power and weight

hkspower

Member +
Well if kon has been working on his car for years with a full td05 18g conversion (its the biggest td05 there is) and drag slicks, and many thousands of hours work and thousands of 's going into it.

And the same with animalgt.

On standard pump fuel and no headwork, cams etc and just a td04 set up I would say mid-high 12's.

I hope you get 11's but I doubt it.

Kons car is on pump fuel to my friend and here the pump fuel is the lowest octine that you have there. anD 1 more the head is stil std just port and polish an forged pistions and rods..

cheers

J25GTi

Lifer
With a bigger turbo thanan 04, and drag slicks and is set up for it. That's what I'm trying to get at :)

accent_97

Member +
Kons car is on pump fuel to my friend and here the pump fuel is the lowest octine that you have there. anD 1 more the head is stil std just port and polish an forged pistions and rods..

cheers

we have good race fuel ex like sunoco 102 -127 ron or vp racing fuel which is more expense then sunoco but its expensive example 102 ron sunoco cost 16 euros per 5litres

-Harry-

Member +
:p

It would need damn short gearing and endless grip, who knows lol

Ive got some old 20inch slicks sitting in the shed from a few years ago. Their very worn but should sort out both grip and gearing well

we have good race fuel ex like sunoco 102 -127 ron or vp racing fuel which is more expense then sunoco but its expensive example 102 ron sunoco cost 16 euros per 5litres

Yeh, VP109 is AU$10 per litre here :( . I experimented last year with toluene (paint thinners) at 20% with 98 pump, and made great gains but I didnt trust the accurancy of mixing fuels myself. That and I blew a headgasket on it :haha:

richglanzav

Member +
im sure if u rly lightened the car as much as poss with a td04 maxed out pretty much, high 11's should be possible. aint people gettin 13's now with less power and normal curb weights? surely a set of slicks, headwork, td04 at 1.5bar, and a totally stripped GT or glanza, id say definetely.

-Harry-

Member +
surely a set of slicks, headwork, td04 at 1.5bar, and a totally stripped GT or glanza, id say definetely.

CR is pretty high so the boost wont be crazy. TD04s seem to become inefficient at higher boost anyway. I think your right though, its definately possible. The cars pretty light but due to some class regulations for circuit events, certain items must remain.

Wow.
:homer: :homer: :homer: :homer: :homer: :homer: :homer:

Whats that supposed to mean?

Last edited:

Fro

Member +
My understanding of your post was that you were implying it wouldnt be "that hard" to build an 11 second gt, that was all, each to their own but id imagine it would take alot of time, effort, blood, sweat, tears, money, knowledge, patience and god knows what else!
All the best if your giving it a shot though, respect :drive:

animal gt

Member +
yea i can vouch for how hard it is to hit 11s as am the only 1 in ireland, uk to do so far...lol and to think of a td04 doing it! wel it sickens me ha,
its very hard done but if you do it wel then fair play dude.
keep us posted anyway if ya are going to try it:D
best of luck

-Harry-

Member +
My understanding of your post was that you were implying it wouldnt be "that hard" to build an 11 second gt, that was all, each to their own but id imagine it would take alot of time, effort, blood, sweat, tears, money, knowledge, patience and god knows what else!
All the best if your giving it a shot though, respect :drive:

Ive already put in the time, effort, blood, sweat, tears, money and knowledge. I started drag racing about 4 years ago. Ive been running 11's since 3 years ago and ran a best of 11.2 @124 mph 2 years ago with 280hp (aus hp:p ) and been doing circuit work since then. To convert the setup back to drag takes about 2 hours inc wheel allignment. I think 200hp (aus) is possible with the td04

yea i can vouch for how hard it is to hit 11s as am the only 1 in ireland, uk to do so far...lol and to think of a td04 doing it! wel it sickens me ha,
its very hard done but if you do it wel then fair play dude.
keep us posted anyway if ya are going to try it:D
best of luck

Hey mate, Ive followed your car closely and Ive got a lot of respect for it. Im certainly not trying to upstage you with a td04. I just think it should be reasonable to get at least an 11.9 with it. Imagine maxing out a td04 on your setup. I think it would be a lot quicker then what is conventionally known for td04's. At the end of the day im not chasing times hard really. Circuit is what matters to me which is why the td04s there in the first place. Nice to have a goal though :)

Last edited: