robboglanzav

Member +
went to shakespear raceway yesterday and my fastest time was 13.3 @ 107mph, this was my 1st run with my tyres at 26psi, for my other 3 runs i turned boost down and let the tyres down to 14psi, and i got a 13.6, and 2 in the low 14's. i turned boost down because wen it spikes it cuts boost controller out so need to get this sorted, basically i'm running TD04l, R888's, and standard LSD

i will post vids asap

Kelly

Member +
good time :) what boost was u running for the 13.3? Did u find the r888s any good for the quarter? Didnt really see much difference on drag strip with ours MAJOR difference on track tho. what was your 60ft time?

robboglanzav

Member +
1st run 1.2 bar, wen i let the tyres down to 14psi wen i launched at 4k it bogged down i need to launch higher cos i got too much grip, but i dint fancy doin that cos my mate broke a cv on his corsa

Kelly

Member +
You should break into the 12's if you can improve on that 60ft time then! Have you been to York before?

robboglanzav

Member +
ye in my old car, ran a 14.3 wi basic mods really, we shud get a few starlets there on monday cos i'm goin wi a mate and its a honda meet

Dan3SGTE

Member +
2.5 60ft time?? with a total time of 13.3? Have a look again on your slip, that 60ft time doesnt sound right. thats really slow but REALLY fast quarter....

Dan3SGTE

Member +
ok dude.....

Either way thats a very good time and if your 60ft really is that bad then shiiiiit me, your gona break the 12's peeeezy with a good launch.

goldenvtr

Member +
good time dude!, 0-60ft could be correct Dan as it only accounts for 1st gear and with r888 i imagine good grip in 2nd so maybe no wheel spin? thats where im letdown as i spin all though 2nd gear too.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
ahh i see..... good point!

thats the problem. As soon as your pushing upwards of about 220-230hp the starlets will start to spin through 2nd too without fast gear changes etc...... Especially if the turbo you use kicks in like a mother fucker!

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
ahh i see..... good point!

thats the problem. As soon as your pushing upwards of about 220-230hp the starlets will start to spin through 2nd too without fast gear changes etc...... Especially if the turbo you use kicks in like a mother fucker!

you don't even need that much power, mine will almost always break traction in 2nd, as the power delivery is so early and agressive.

starbogt

Member +
I find the td04 seems better for traction with my driving style! less torque low down.. The ct9 at 1 bar used to break traction the minute you hit 3k rpm in 1st 2nd etc. Very good time get the tyre pressure lowered its not a corsa they're farely strong drive shafts in starlets!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
weird though on straights when im running 0.7 bar im assuming around 260hp, cant be much less then that, i will grip right through 2nd gear....... And it feels FAST as hell.

Maybe a bit more weight at the front different power band etc....

Last edited:

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
I find the td04 seems better for traction with my driving style! less torque low down.. The ct9 at 1 bar used to break traction the minute you hit 3k rpm in 1st 2nd etc. Very good time get the tyre pressure lowered its not a corsa they're farely strong drive shafts in starlets!

i'm hoping the hybrid will deliver the power smoother, as my setup at the moment hits hard and early, which is great fun, but the car just breaks traction as soon as the power comes in. it'll light up in 3rd too while cornering or if conditions are damp.

Spoonz

Member +
i have to agree with the CT9 wen i ran 1bar at about 170-180 i use to spin in 3rd if i launched of =. Now with the TD04 wen it was running around the same figure 170-180 i had no wheel spin in 2nd wen launching and wen driving and not launching it dosnt will spin where has the CT9 did. but then agagin wen u run more boost the power will then probally cause will spin.
I would say if u really go for a launch and not worry bout the drive shaft (dont mean it has it says i mean it has dont let it play on your mind) then u will break the 13s easy enough after a few runs

alfradio

Member +
post your time slip or at the very least, your incrementals
(RT, 60FT, 330, 1/8 ET @ MPH, 1000 FT 1/4 ET @ MPH... etc.)

The leader board awaits!!!!

alf