1994 starlet gt turbo spares or repair

simonleeds

Member +
what exactly is need do u think ie full engine?
also do u know of any car delivery firms and what cost would be involved in getting the car to leeds
many thanks simon

Craig_GT

Lifer
what exactly is need do u think ie full engine?
also do u know of any car delivery firms and what cost would be involved in getting the car to leeds
many thanks simon

info taken from ukstarlet said:
Extra Info: well im selling this as spares or repairs as it has suspect cylinder head / engine failure (internal crack?) i noticed that there was excess pressure build up in the cooling system and the heaters were pretty rank so i draine dthe coolant and flushed the system out, heater matrix everything. refillied with fresh coolant and i couldnt stop the air coming out of the cooling system. and it was pressurising too quick. i drove it along the road and i stopped and the engine cut out and i cant get it started again.

Its just been mot'd for a fulll year last thursday and also it has tax until april. I've got new oil and filter there aswell that the buyer can have. 2 brand new budget tyres on the rear and plenty legal tread on the fronts aswell. it has had since in my ownership, new cv boots, handbrake cables, timing belt kit, alt and power steering belts, new spark plug seals (genuine toyota £40 for 4), camshaft seals, headgasket, new piston no 4 and all new rings 900 miles old, coolant is only a few miles old, dot 5 brake fluid change.

chassis/suspension -

Bc coilovers fully adjustable 8 months old
standard front strut brace
carbon fibre braided brake hoses
CAP clutch
undersealed

Engine -
Sps manifold (has been welded and there is a slight blow between runners 1 and 2)
stock ct9
stainless decat pipe
dave burwash blueflame exhaust
front mounted induction kit with pipercross filter
hks actuator
greddy type s bov
rx7 tmic
sps clear cam cover
candy red powder coated rocker cover
trd ignition leads
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
255 ltr fuel pump
blue vacuum hoses, overflow pipe
battery relocated to boot
mapped by dastek using unichip at 179.9bhp

interior/exterior -
boost gauge and water temp gauge
mountney steering wheel
stock gt bodykit
mk3 bootlid

probably alot more but i cant remember, ill have a look and alter

thats what info is in the link mate.

Craig

simonleeds

Member +
ok so its a new engine needed any ideas on transporting this as a 9 hour drive is going to be a killer probs longer with a trailer on

still interested just looking into shipping companys cheers guys

Mike D EP82

Member +
thanks craig :)

id go for engine just to be safe but the old stuff can be checked and sold on anyway, it may just be headgasket but im unsure and just dont have the time to do anymore. its just had a new thermostat and water pump also and the only fault i can remember is the drivers window doesnt open. id say its the regulator as the lights dim when you try to work it.

Craig_GT

Lifer
thanks craig :)

id go for engine just to be safe but the old stuff can be checked and sold on anyway, it may just be headgasket but im unsure and just dont have the time to do anymore. its just had a new thermostat and water pump also and the only fault i can remember is the drivers window doesnt open. id say its the regulator as the lights dim when you try to work it.

no worries ;)
rep button is your friend lol

Mike D EP82

Member +
ok so its a new engine needed any ideas on transporting this as a 9 hour drive is going to be a killer probs longer with a trailer on

still interested just looking into shipping companys cheers guys

i drove to london and back from here to pick up my 1st starlet using a trailer. wasnt bad either, only used 1 and 3/4 tanks and thats 800 miles with a trailer and then a loaded trailer

Mike D EP82

Member +
Yeah mate postcode is EH32 9SF, i could also try get a quote as i know someone who has a transport business if you give me your postcode

Mike D EP82

Member +
basically from here to you is around £1 a mile and im sure its around a 500 mile round trip. honestly a trailer would be much easier and cheaper. its not a bad journey at all. here to london is a different matter especially if your trying to do it in one day

simonleeds

Member +
ok how many miles it got on it and is the bodywork/interior in good condition also are those photo's up to date and any advisories from the mot

thanks alot simon

ps think i got a quote for 185 quid of that compare website so doesnt seem that bad

Mike D EP82

Member +
ok how many miles it got on it and is the bodywork/interior in good condition also are those photo's up to date and any advisories from the mot

thanks alot simon

ps think i got a quote for 185 quid of that compare website so doesnt seem that bad

it has 90+000 on the clock. think those photos were around september time, bodywork is ok no rust but it is 16 years old so a couple dings. there is a ding around the drivers door lock but it still works fine also i added into the add that there has been a hole cut out the front bumper for a side exit, ill throw the side exit in aswell as the nightpager screamer for £100, the interior is quite good apart from the back of the passenger seat has a tear and a crack on one of the back plastics but apart form that its good. still have the original mats aswell. the car was fully undersealed when it came into this country by dicksons of dunblane not dicksons of perth. only advisory was at the drivers front there was a little play in the shock but this is due to the locking ring just need tightened but i dont have the c spanners for them but they are obtainable from bc as i was going to get a set to lower it a little at the back.

185 is a good price also. i knew the bloke who had the car before me and he did look after the car with regulaor oil changes, filter changes etc. i mean if you get a chance to see inside that engine you will see that the head is extremely clean, not black indicating very little oil changes.

thanks Mike

Mike D EP82

Member +
im sure its a kms mate as the underbody is very clean for its age. that is my 3rd starlet so it just shoes how much i liked them but im nearly 22 and need something a bit bigger