1997 civic type R EK9 insurance

MANNY

Member +
hi i got a quote 2dy for an EK9 1997 civic type R third party £3500 and im only 20 with 0 years claim discount

i know its too much but who else is going to insure me cheaper than that besides SKY insurance because they wont insure me because of my post code in Bolton?

could someone please let me know?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
no 1 i very much doubt, ek9s are worse than starlets for insurance your lucky you even got a quote!

would be best 2 ask on the type r forums tho

Ted

Member +
21 is a cut off point in that you will move into a cheaper bracket and theres a big difference between 0 and 1 years ncb so drive a bucket for a year then go for something tasty

Phil

Super Moderator
relax and it will be alot cheaper.

21 is a cut off point in that you will move into a cheaper bracket and theres a big difference between 0 and 1 years ncb so drive a bucket for a year then go for something tasty

yup what he said do time in a bucket, it is worth it in the end.

less likely to speed less likely to crash in a slower car. and you will surprised how much cheaper the insurance will end up being!

i considered paying 2900 tpft nearly a year ago, now im insured for just over a third of that!

just my experience.

Phil

adam_ep82

Fresh Recruit
i always ignored people when they said get a shed first

i had a 1.6 sohc vtec for my first car and payed 2000tp in my dads name

so two years down line it still costs me loads because i have no no claims

ive finnally bit the bullet for the starlet and next year ill be 21 with a years no claims touch wood :D

MANNY

Member +
i dont know what groupo it is.

its a fresh import i will get the pics soon i mite sell it

any 1 intrested in buying it please let me know

MANNY

Member +
i import them but i dont drive them because i cant get insured. so i just park them up in my back garden. then put them on for sale... i wish i could get insured

Greg0r

Member +
pretty sure insurance companies have different views on the group

i got day insurance on one for about £20 but about 3 companies wouldnt insure me on it for the day as they said it was group 20.

so just depends where u go

tucka

Member +
pretty sure insurance companies have different views on the group

i got day insurance on one for about £20 but about 3 companies wouldnt insure me on it for the day as they said it was group 20.

so just depends where u go

strange ive insured one before and it was group 17 same as the ep's, the dc2 are group 18!

but like you said must be diffrent for other places then!