1997 EK9 Civic Type R (b18c, HKS, J's racing, Tanabe)

After-Glanza

Member +
For sale: 1997 Honda Civic Type R EK9 B18C

Item Condition: Very good

Price and price conditions: £5285 ono

Extra Info: Mot until March 2011 and Taxed until February 2011

Pictures: Yes below

Contact Details: 07749551888 or pm

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Collection or can meet locally.

Here for sale i have my Honda Civic Type R EK9. Its not you average EK9 as it has had a full B18C Integra Type R engine conversion. This engine is more powerful than the standard b16b at 197BHP standard and is a very desireable upgrade for the EK9. There is currently 101k on the car. This is a mix of miles and km and so there will more than likely be around 75k miles on the car.

This is also the race base model so is a bit less common than your average one and is a wee bit lighter. It comes without a rear wiper and abs. Also it does not have front fogs.

The car is very clean on the whole with only a few minor marks and none that take away from the appearance of the car. It really is in brilliant condition for the age of the car.

The interior is also in very good condition, there are no rips or holes in the front red recaros and the same goes for the back. It has the usual carbon effect dash and clocks which is a nice touch.

The car drives very well with no annoying sounds that shouldn't be there. It needs nothing and is in perfect mechanical order. It also benefits from the following modifications....

Full b18c jdm integra engine conversion
S80 gearbox with LSD (very tight, no crunches)
J's racing large induction kit with cold air feed
98 Spec manifold with 2.5 inch runners
5zigen decat pipe
Tanabe cat back exhaust system (very loud)
HKS Hipermax iii coilovers and damper adjusters (can go very low)
Toad CAT1 alarm system and immobiliser
Exedy Clutch
Magnecore upgraded ignition leads
Front and rear strut braces
Rear 3 windows tinted
JVC CD player
Standard EK9 wheels in good condition with 4 good tyres.
Tinted wind deflectors
Mugen oil filler cap
Original red type r floor mats and red carpets/door cards

I have only just serviced the car on the 1st September with semi synthetic millers 10w-40 oil so it needs nothing in the near future.

I have loved driving this car but i change my cars all the time and just fancy something different. It pulls very well and there is NO smoke on vtec at all. Its a good fit engine and the car handles extremely well.

The car is very reasonably priced considering the spec on it. Will consider a px for a reasonably priced Glanza or GT. Cheers for looking.

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

779382ca.jpg

I never did think i would say it but i am getting to love them cars.best of luck with the sale,she is a fine car.

After-Glanza

Member +
Cheers lads, I really do love this motor but when it sells I'll be buying something around the 2-3k mark. Maybe a decent specced gt/glanza ;)

After-Glanza

Member +
Cheers for all the comments lads. I will miss this car as out of all the type r's it has been my fave. :(

Yea boostabuse, altho not to go for another similar car, going to buy something cheaper and put a bit of money elsewhere.

boost abuse

Member +
Cheers for all the comments lads. I will miss this car as out of all the type r's it has been my fave. :(

Yea boostabuse, altho not to go for another similar car, going to buy something cheaper and put a bit of money elsewhere.

same reason i sold it to you then! i miss it like hell, especially since i'm now in a fuckin diesel.

you the squaling brake sorted ok? what was wrong with it?

After-Glanza

Member +
Yea got it sorted. Replaced all rear pads and regreased all the pistons in both callipers as the bottom ones were seized. Common problem as far as I know. What you driving now neway?

ASHep82

Member +
I live in the uk and I'm interested in a deal with my Glanza but is it too much hassle registering it and getting it over from Ireland to uk?

After-Glanza

Member +
It's no hassle at all mate. I'm from northern Ireland which is part of the UK. no need to register the car, it's fully legal in england etc.

wesgt

Lifer
is it a race base? race base doesn't come with recaros, unless they were put in after, no ek9 has a rear wiper and not all have fogs! does it have windy windows? the lack of abs means it could be though. should be no power steering ,airbags or aerial afaik

Last edited: