1999 Toyota Starlet gt4 4x4..

Hello People, I was just thinking am i just going mad in my old age are wouldnt this be some car to build?

I think the hardest thing to get would be the 1999 reg 4x4 shell, i think they are only a 1.2 jap inport not sure?
I was talking to you all last week about the engine and it will work in the glanza but would be better in the 4x4 drive SO WHY NOT do it then?
You may say why not just buy a celica ( YES THAT WOULD BE THE RIGHT THING TO DO) but i just love the starlets and i no not ((MUCH)) people have the car i am thinking of building.
I am sure it can be done but i dont want to do all the work and money and have it fall apart after some time driving it as it wont be a sunday drive..

I am sure you people will say whats on you minds and that is what i want.Thanks for reading....

Last edited:

GT_Chris

Member +
So what your saying is geting a Glanza and puting a 4wd system in it?

Cant you get the 4x4 drivetrain from a older ep85 (i think) startlet and bolt it all onto the Glanza shell, cause the Glanza uses the same chassis dont they?

But yeh it would be nice to see a 4wd Glanza

So what your saying is geting a Glanza and puting a 4wd system in it?

Cant you get the 4x4 drivetrain from a older ep85 (i think) startlet and bolt it all onto the Glanza shell, cause the Glanza uses the same chassis dont they?

But yeh it would be nice to see a 4wd Glanza

Can that be done? PLEASE say it can as i can do it all to my 99 glanza that i have and save the money that i would have put on the shell in to some other parts?

GT_Chris

Member +
I swear ive seen a members garage on here where they got a 4x4 ep85 and put everything onto a ep82.........so im guessing it can be done, but u will have to buy a 4x4 donar car to get the drive train etc

I swear ive seen a members garage on here where they got a 4x4 ep85 and put everything onto a ep82.........so im guessing it can be done, but u will have to buy a 4x4 donar car to get the drive train etc

That is true you are right but i ant well in the head:homer: SO i want a gt4engine:rockon: too

GT_Chris

Member +
That is true you are right but i ant well in the head:homer: SO i want a gt4engine:rockon: too

So you want the engine and 4x4 system from a celica GT4.......im sure it can be done but you will need alot of modification to be done for it to fit the Glanza chassis and alot of money

Best thing is to do what i said, 4x4 system from a ep85

So you want the engine and 4x4 system from a celica GT4.......im sure it can be done but you will need alot of modification to be done for it to fit the Glanza chassis and alot of money

Best thing is to do what i said, 4x4 system from a ep85

just open to ideas m8 that all

ALaN

Member +
Buy an ep95 (awd ep91) then just fit the 3sgte from the celica into that. It would save a shit load if work, as if fittin that huge engine isn't enough of a challenge

Buy an ep95 (awd ep91) then just fit the 3sgte from the celica into that. It would save a shit load if work, as if fittin that huge engine isn't enough of a challenge

I just want to be different people that all, i can go out and buy the celica and that would be that but isnt the same as building 1 up from shell and it being a one off car.With your help people it may cum true..

richglanzav

Member +
gt4 drivetrain wud take a much bigger amount of power safely tho i can see where hes cuming from. but u gna need a lot of dollar lol, for a glanza with celica gt4 awd system and 3sgte at 500bhp :rockon: wud be some motor

Ted

Member +
ep85/95 shell is different, floorpan has a transmission tunnel for the running gear. if you put the turbo engine into an ep95 then all you need is a glanza bodykit and bumpers/ lights and it looks like a glanza.

why you would want to take the 4wd running gear from an ep95 and put it in a 91 is beyond me

GT_Chris

Member +
gt4 drivetrain wud take a much bigger amount of power safely tho i can see where hes cuming from. but u gna need a lot of dollar lol, for a glanza with celica gt4 awd system and 3sgte at 500bhp :rockon: wud be some motor

Well it can be done mate, i think a member on here has a older GT and is puting a RX7 engine/RWD system in it..........so anything is possible if you got the time and money :cool:

Yea i no it ant going to be cheap ((BUT WHAT IS THOS DAYS)) to do but with this sites help it can be done.

500bhp holyshit that would be some car to go,how would yea stop the wheels from spining in all the gears and would the car ((SHELL)) be to light for that power.

If I are sumone was to build it,it would surprice a lot of civic drivers with there k20s hehehehe

so want to plan out this right before i start paying out big bukz on sumthing that is going to break my heart in the long run.

GT_Chris

Member +
Well im behind you all the way mate if you do decide to do this, and im sure all of us on here are too....and will be happy to give u help and advice anytime

So basicly you need a Celica GT4........you got your Glanza already havent you?.......also im guessing you no people thats handly with fabricating and welding? if so spot on mate ready to roll :cool:

GaryGT

Member +
OK a few questions mate

what age are you??
have u any knowledge of mechanics??
What budget have u got???

My advice buy a ep85 or ep95 and throw either the 4EFTE or 5E into her and a good standalone ecu and ur laughing mate.
u will have a lot less headaches and it will be more driveable ;)

regards

G

OK a few questions mate

what age are you??
have u any knowledge of mechanics??
What budget have u got???

My advice buy a ep85 or ep95 and throw either the 4EFTE or 5E into her and a good standalone ecu and ur laughing mate.
u will have a lot less headaches and it will be more driveable ;)

regards

G

Yea ask away

1.I am 25.

2.I have some knowledge of mechanics

3.My budget would be around 15.000euro to do it right.

4.I have my own garage with all the tools + i have 2 ((in the trade))m8s that love to get there hands dirty:haha: