1999 v engine pictures

corofin12345

Member +
hi guys.. merry xmas 2 all... :) could someone with a 99 v put up a picture of the thermostat housing and connectors for me... im collecting my new engine monday for my 1996 v and ive heard the thermostat housing and connectors are different on the 1999 v.. just want 2 b sure that the engine im getting is in fact a 99.. REP for who ever helps me out.. cheers guys :)

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
haha... ah the lads are sound enough but just want 2 make sure u kno.. anything else 2 look out for or is that it?

I was told the inlet is different,the pipes,but im not sure on that.

No really,check for cracks in the head,ive seen some right behind the mani.
Check for leaks around the head.
Check the sump for shite.

corofin12345

Member +
I was told the inlet is different,the pipes,but im not sure on that.

No really,check for cracks in the head,ive seen some right behind the mani.
Check for leaks around the head.
Check the sump for shite.

oh dont worry ive my wits.. lol... every inch will b checked.. its just sad these days u go off and buy an engine and half of them wont give u warranty with it.. just dont kno what ur buying really..

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
oh dont worry ive my wits.. lol... every inch will b checked.. its just sad these days u go off and buy an engine and half of them wont give u warranty with it.. just dont kno what ur buying really..

Yup,only way is to split the block,not a bad idea if you can afford a new HG

corofin12345

Member +
could do.. the lads said its perfect anyway so hopefully it is or there will b a few teeth missing around the galway area if not....lol

corofin12345

Member +
oh ill try but i doubt it.. found a engine in limerick wit 3 months warranty but the feckin thing was 1300euro and that was a 98..(KEEP IT!!!) searched the country for an engine and couldnt source one and this one cropped up so im taking it.. im fairly well up on mechanics so ill strip her down and look for wear.. if shes ok ill change the big end bearings and head gasket anyway for peace of mind...