1bar

Quincy

Member +
Hi guys, Just wondring what would i need to turn the boost up to 1bar i hav a decat pipe and a rx7 intercooler??? thanks

Phil

Super Moderator
FCD+

you will need to sort some way of upping the boost and the fuelling accordingly.

FCD(fuel cut Defender)

boost hks actuator/Manuel Boost controller/Electronic Boost Controller.

and

Fuel pressure Regulator/piggyback ecu(adjustable)/pre-programmed ecu(jam/blitz/sard/etc)

Phil

Monkfish

Member +
Fuel pressure regulator, correctly set for the given boost requirements. Some, such as myself, run upgraded fuel pumps, but they're not really that necessary and are more of a precaution. Once the fueling is sorted, you will need a Fuel Cut Defender to remove the stock fuel cut, but only when the other supporting mods are in place. You will also need a suitable actuator. The HKS adjustable item is most common.

As CMR rightly said, you will need to get yourself a new manifold, the stock one has a restriction in runner #3 that will make your day a shit one if ignored. I would also recomend sourcing decent plugs and leads. Magnacor 8mm (blue) and 8.5mm (red) plus HKS Iridium plugs (Heat range 7) seem to be the items of choice.

You will also need to upgrade the brakes, no good being able to go faster if you can't stop quicker. ;)

GTdan

In The Closet
Fuel pressure regulator, correctly set for the given boost requirements. Some, such as myself, run upgraded fuel pumps, but they're not really that necessary and are more of a precaution. Once the fueling is sorted, you will need a Fuel Cut Defender to remove the stock fuel cut, but only when the other supporting mods are in place.

As CMR rightly said, you will need to get yourself a new manifold, the stock one has a restriction in runner #3 that will make your day a shit one if ignored. I would also recomend sourcing decent plugs and leads. Magnacor 8mm (blue) and 8.5mm (red) plus HKS Iridium plugs (Heat range 7) seem to be the items of choice.

You will also need to upgrade the brakes, no good being able to go faster if you can't stop quicker. ;)

he speaks the truth!!!!! AMEN!!!! :haha:

CMR

Member +
Just out of curiosity, he says he has a RX7 TMIC, are these good enough to run 1 bar?

I thought they were just an improvement over the stock item, but a FMIC was still needed to go higher.

I'd prefer a TMIC myself for short term.. dont want to hack n slash the bumper :)

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Just out of curiosity, he says he has a RX7 TMIC, are these good enough to run 1 bar?

I thought they were just an improvement over the stock item, but a FMIC was still needed to go higher.

I'd prefer a TMIC myself for short term.. dont want to hack n slash the bumper :)

Yes fine, i ran 1bar on a stock TMIC for over 3 years and was fine.

ChrisGT

Member +
I think 1Bar on a Rex TMIC will be fine! They are underrated IMO. Those things cool very well! Plus you'll have all the benefits of immediate response and cut out that little bit of lag you do get with a FMIC on a CT9.