2/4 pot calipers?

need some info on these please, I know quite a few of you guys are running modified versions of stock calipers from different cars...

now, I've looked, and I can't seem to find much...all I've found is hardcoreep
s writeup on his website, which is great, but those parts aren't exactly plentiful around here..I'd like to run 2 pots, or even 4 pots...I remember seeing somethign about celica brakes being modified to fit, anymore info on that would be awesome

so all you guys running custom setups for brake calipers, please share :)

Monkfish

Member +
There are plenty of options out there for some fantastic brakes, you just need to have a look around.

Timmy

Member +
I must say 2 pot conversion would be hardly worth it unless your a verry good mechanic, the other prolem with the 2 pot conversions is the discs aren't thick enough and the pots pop out = no brakes at all. Either the zep gts brake conversion or endless, willwood ect.

goldenvtr

Member +
I must say 2 pot conversion would be hardly worth it unless your a verry good mechanic, the other prolem with the 2 pot conversions is the discs aren't thick enough and the pots pop out = no brakes at all. Either the zep gts brake conversion or endless, willwood ect.

talkin from experiance? ive never had a piston pop out lol nor have i drilled holes anywhere

goldenvtr

Member +
i think this may have been a specific problem to ae111/101 calipers maybe. What brakes u running?

Thats the ones im running:p they come on more than just those corollas though. and dont always asume that you have to used the brakediscs from them, shop around ;)

Timmy

Member +
i know it can be sorted with thicker discs but if you haven't one day you may find once your pads are running low you pop a piston out or 2.

golden please share some details.....

@monkfish yes I'm well aware there are several options available, hence the reason for this thread...if you could elaborate on some of these options, I'd be thankfu

I have searched, but since the move to the new site, there's not much to search from, I literally just went through the 5 pages in the suspension section and found nothing useful on this topic

Ted

Member +
i have posted a few times about the celica 2 pot upgrade asing celica 25mm thick discs. i drilled the discs and have had no cracks or problems. however new 4 /5 hole multi fit discs are available.

unfortunaltely a lot of people thought it was dangerous so dont really advertise the fact. the extra power and fade free performance is amazing compared to stock.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i dont get any fading to speak of and ive got mine pretty hot before!

obviously on the track they would probably be shit after a couple of laps but for the street they are more than adequate

goldenvtr

Member +
golden please share some details.....

@monkfish yes I'm well aware there are several options available, hence the reason for this thread...if you could elaborate on some of these options, I'd be thankfu

I have searched, but since the move to the new site, there's not much to search from, I literally just went through the 5 pages in the suspension section and found nothing useful on this topic

pm'd :)