2in1 ikit...

simon-GT

Fresh Recruit
hi everyone, i just fitted my apexi power intake air filter and was very happy that it makes a really nice swoosh noise similar to a dump valve when i am boosting and then change gear, just wondering if this is normal? the noise is a bit louder when there is more boost.
here it is
DSC00020.jpg

1 more ques, how do i take the diagnostic socket off the air filter? just pull it out or is there a clip? was using quite a lot of force n wouldnt come off:
af.jpg

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
if you have stock bov mate it will sound like that. its just the sound of the bov through the pipe.

as for the diagnostic socket. pull it upwards and it should come off. mine did

lanxter

Member +
not sure about the noise lad but the diagnostic box just pulls straight off.

i know my mates 200sx makes kind of noise your on abotu though and he has that filter

dac69er

Super Moderator
yeah, same as what i got. its a real apexi filter, its just iniversal, not a specific car kit. half the price of the starlet kit ;)

simon-GT

Fresh Recruit
cool thanks for ur advice guys, will try n take the diagnostic box off again tmrw.
this is the filter, looks real to me, or must be a dam good fake, lol:
DSC00012.jpg

dac69er

Super Moderator
it is real mate. no doubt about that. all i was getting at is its not the car specific kit, which apexi charge another £50 for the privilege of a few brackets and a different sized reducer.

simon-GT

Fresh Recruit
it is real mate. no doubt about that. all i was getting at is its not the car specific kit, which apexi charge another £50 for the privilege of a few brackets and a different sized reducer.

yeh, no point in paying extra 50 for brackets, i'm gonna just use a few cable ties after ive removed that air box, lol

Deano

Banned
I got one on My Glanza it is really loud went and met Basketti (Jesse) off the forum today went on a mini starlet cruise 2 glanzas lol and he said he could hear the stock bov and that it was loud I paid an extra $50 for brackets and only one bracket fitted on lol