2nd time around

pacman

Member +
Hi, been a member on here before (couple of years ago) but forgotten my login details so signed up with a fresh name.

In the past I've owned a square lamp GT and an auto Glanza. I thought I could control my addiction to these little pocket rockets but alas, here I am once again.

I will be buying *this* GT on Sunday, as long as I don't find any major problems with it.

So yeah, hi :)

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Welcome back,
Wasn't that owned by a guy called aaron on here? Had it running a bigger turbo?

pacman

Member +
Cheers chaps.

I don't know who the previous owners were but I bought it from 'tint', the guy that bought it from GTmark.

It's had more work done since GTmark sold it; TD04 on a custom manifold, custom side exit exhaust with a screamer pipe, bigger injectors, bigger front mount, unichip (printout says it was running 180whp/176lbft on high boost before the injectors were replaced)

After checking it over it all seemed good but on the way back (over 500 miles point to point) it started overheating when it was stationary, so much so that it spat alot of it's coolant out at one point. Replaced the coolant with fresh stuff but when I checked it an hour or so later the coolant looked 'rusty' so I'll drain and flush the system tomorrow. Also, once it's been driven for a while then turned off, upon restarting it chucks out a fair amount of white smoke/steam. This disappears shortly afterwards (i.e within 15 seconds or so) anyone know what could be causing this? The longer it's left off the more smoke/steam there seems to be (only while the engine is still hot though), reckon this could be moisture in the exhaust system? Whatever it is, it's a bit worrying and embarrassing to say the least.

Otherwise there's no smoke on idle or full load, no unusual noises and it pulls like a train from around 4k rpm.

Eventually I'll be sorting the bodywork but there's other things to attend to first.

If any of you know anything else about it's history I'd appreciated a heads up (although I now own it so it could be a little late :rolleyes:)

pacman

Member +
...once it's been driven for a while then turned off, upon restarting it chucks out a fair amount of white smoke/steam. This disappears shortly afterwards (i.e within 15 seconds or so) anyone know what could be causing this?...

Head gasket is the problem :(