3 Bar Map Sensor

Djaniero

Member +
Can anyone recommend a good 3 Bar map sensor, to use with my standalone ecu , to get GT gets mapped?
I've seen quite a few variants online ranging from cheap ebay ones, to more expensive GM style ones.
I know people use the GT4 2.5bar ones also.
Bit of a mindfield :s Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

SWJ

What ECU is it?? And what map sensor does the ECU manufacture recommend?? The units I see all tend to recommend a GM 3 bar sensor for the most part. Most tend to recommend GM or Bosch map sensors?? And they are not that expensive in the US, but I don't know where you are.

But I'd go with whatever the Ecu say's you use, no point in reinventing the wheel as it were. :)

H_D

Member +
Iirc gt4 map sensors are 1.8bar and a direct fit without cutting wires or having to change connectors.

SWJ

Hmm well ... for what it's worth, that is the oddest looking map senor I have ever seen??? And it says 3 bar and then says can read up to 30 psi??? Shouldn't it read to 43.5113 psi?? That seems odd to me??

But whatever?? The GM 3 bar needs 5 volts also so same there. I think they all use output 5 volts?? But near as I can tell the wires are lined up different on the GM and most likely others than it is on that one??

Most likely it would be easy enough to change a couple pins and then the GM or others would work?? On the other hand ... "KISS" and to start out it would most likely be best to use there sensor ,get the car up and running to your satisfaction first and then swap it out(the map) if you feel the need .. or you know buy two and keep a spare at hand just in case. :)