3" exhaust pics

dantheman

Member +
thought id put some pics up of the exhaust ive fabricated for the turbo teg :) full 3" from turbo back, mandrel bends, stainless steel, laser cut stainless steel flanges i had made up aswell, and bought a brand new 3" bore hks hi-power turbo muffler from my mate at hks europe so got it for a good price :cool:

(the wood stand is there to hold it in position whilst i mocked the piping up)

dsc00651eyd.jpg

dsc00654xnh.jpg

dsc00655phk.jpg

dsc00656svq.jpg

last piece of the puzzle :p

dsc00657g.jpg

dsc00658gwy.jpg

myturboteg.jpg

dantheman

Member +
thanks lads, the turbo motor is already in and running ;) just had to finish the rear section of the exhaust off, as i was running it with a nurspec as a temp just to get the base map sorted,

had it on the dyno whilst base mapping it on stock injectors, mapped it with the vtec turned off as the stock injectors wernt up to the job of turbo power + vtec power lol, its limited to 5.5k rpm until its run in but it was already pushing just over 200bhp on the dyno at 5.5k rpm, and thats with no vtec and 8psi of boost. :cool:

il get a sound clip/video up later today, im just finishing the exhaust now.

thanks for the comments :)

Rory

Lifer
Im impressed the injectors are coping witn 8psi? There only 240cc..

Either way, new exhaust is looking ok. Not keen on the Jap angled rear box though.

dantheman

Member +
rory the vtec is switched off so the fueling is ok, its actually running on the rich side, we squeezed some more juice from them with the ectune. :) sounds spot on with the hks, its not that loud so im happy :cool:

thanks for the comments

Rory

Lifer
What kind of fuel pressure are you running?
People who run the turbo set up on the 1600 have to upgrade there injectors even whan running 6psi, regardless of having VTEC on or off.

rory the vtec is switched off so the fueling is ok, its actually running on the rich side, we squeezed some more juice from them with the ectune. :) sounds spot on with the hks, its not that loud so im happy :cool:

thanks for the comments

dantheman

Member +
What kind of fuel pressure are you running?
People who run the turbo set up on the 1600 have to upgrade there injectors even whan running 6psi, regardless of having VTEC on or off.

well mine is fueling fine i know that much (stock fpr too) ;)