3 points

toymotaadam

Member +
i just been pulled and they tried give me 3 point for my window tints and reg plate but they pulled out tint and gve me 30 pound fine.but can you actually get 3 point for ur windows?
wundnt mind they had to turn round and catch me up as well as go through red light with no lights on i had bad time with 1 ov em b4 a woman officer ggrrrrr im pisedd

toymotaadam

Member +
think the woman remembered me he arrested me took for strip search so rekon just bein bully have to admit they wernt nice so i took half hour takin my tints out not funny standing in cold so let them fuckers suffer too

Mike D EP82

Member +
fucking assholes need to get a life. clamping down on drivers when they should be clamping down on peadophiles, rapists, murderers etc fucks me off!!! Sorry to hear mate, id appeal if they didnt test them. :shoot:

bucketep91

Member +
i wouldnt have taken the tints off. u get like 2 weeks or something to get them tested to see if they are illegal or not. didnt they test it?

Big_Daddy

Member +
i wouldnt have taken the tints off. u get like 2 weeks or something to get them tested to see if they are illegal or not. didnt they test it?

when i got pulled for tints, they gav me a option, they tested the front and were over the limit. I would either ripp them of now or they can seize the car!! That was 2 years ago. Now i dont tint front at all not worth the hassle :p do miss the privacy!

toymotaadam

Member +
no they didnt test em top it off my fine is for no mot so they got that wrong to im gona get legal advice on this 1 reg plate and no mot thre a difference

Blak_Mamber

Member +
You had the front windows tinted? If so, yeah they are pretty strict with them. Not allowed any tint on those at all. Did they use the laser on them?

bucketep91

Member +
front windows are allowed to be tinted. if the police are gonna do u for it they need to test it and now uv jsut ripped it off without testing it lol

Iain@CRD

Lifer
front windows are allowed to be tinted. if the police are gonna do u for it they need to test it and now uv jsut ripped it off without testing it lol

To 30% if i remember correctly, most car manufacturers already put a legal tint on the car, so if your tinting it again its more than likely going to be illegal.

Dave.

Member +
My old old car was tested, and came to 32.5%, had to remove them there and their, or leave the car where it was parked :(

Dave

Barretta

Member +
I also got stopped and they checked my tints with a electronic devise and were illegal. The officer nearly issue a 3 points and a fine but i have spoken to him and promised him to take them off.

Some info!

THE LAW ON TINTED WINDOWS

How dark a car windscreen tint can I have?
There are legal limits specifying how dark tinted windows can be on a vehicle:

* behind the B Post (ie rear passenger windows and rear screen) there are no limits
* side windows in front of the B Post (ie front passenger windows) must allow 70% of light through
* front windscreens must allow 75% of light through

Be careful whether the tint you are considering blocks 70% of light or allows through 70% of light. For front windows the regulations are about the amount of light that is allowed through. Also be aware that if you have a factory tint that blocks 10%, you will only be able to block an additional 20%.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
fucking assholes need to get a life. clamping down on drivers when they should be clamping down on peadophiles, rapists, murderers etc fucks me off!!! Sorry to hear mate, id appeal if they didnt test them. :shoot:

Thats not really under the traffic cops area....

turbo-roj

Member +
i got asked to move on from a gathering, asked him why (big mistake) nexty thing he pulls me out the car and has a quick look at me car and does me for a bad number plate (lettering alightly too thin) didnt get any fine tho, gotta change that next week! pigs mate! and ive found that women coppers are the worst