*** 390 bhp CLASSIC IMPREZA F/S

herbie

Member +
Need to find a buyer for my Impreza ASAP, running 2 cars is starting to rape my wallet :(

I may even take a part ex if i get offered something decent. Try me ;)

For sale: Highly modded Subaru Impreza UK Turbo

Item Condition: VGC

Price and price conditions: £7500 ono

Extra Info: MOT till August, Tax till May.

For sale is my pride and joy which Ive owned for over two and a half years.

Over that time Ive spent circa 15K maintaining and modifying this car. I have a portfolio full of receipts and service history.

The engine was completely rebuilt to STi spec by API Engineering and has covered approximately 18000 miles since. Its been serviced nearly ever 3000 miles with Silkolene lubricant and service book stamped.

I also rebuilt the gearbox a few months ago as 4th gear syncro was worn. The rebuild was also carried out by API.

Last year I went another stage of modifications.

Autobahn FMIC
GT Spec Exhaust headers and up-pipe
3" Cobra Exhaust system
and finally an APS SR40 ballbearing hybrid turbo which cost £1300 alone!! The turbo has some warrenty left on it.

To cope with the new higher power I changed the clutch for a PowerMasters clutch and lightened flywheel. The clutch is rated for 450 bl/ft.

Fueling is controlled by an Apexi Power FC ECU.
On the last mapping session the engine produced 389 bhp and 352 lb/ft. I have graphs to proove.

Pictures:

373033-5.jpg

373033-4.jpg

373033-1.jpg

373033-6.jpg

Contact Details: 07789965834

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Pick up only. No scammers or canvassers.

FerryScoob

Member +
I take it, it was mapped by Mr Forrest?? Lovely car and so worth the money. Would love to buy it but my wife will kill me as I dont need 2 impreza's.

Monkfish

Member +
Stunning! I love the Classic's.

I'll send my mate the link to this, he'll piss his pants with excitement.

Good luck and free bumpage. :)

herbie

Member +
Thanks folks!

Cant believe its taking so long to sell this car. Thought it would have been snapped up quick. It certainly hasnt been modded on the cheap.

I had two very interested potential buyers but they have since "dissapeared" LOL.

Ive taken almost £2000 of the asking price since I started advertising it :(

I may try Ebay again next week, but i'll get the muppets offering me £4000 haha.

Lornce

Member +
its properly best to take of the "its raping my wallet" part as people may see this as the cars costing alot to maintain imo. :)

herbie

Member +
Everyone knows you cant run turbocharged cars on a shoe string budget. If you do its asking for trouble.

paying for fuel, insurance, tax, servicing etc... takes it toll when running 2 cars.

Especailly as Ive bought a new house too.

For the power the scoob is running, its well reliable. Ive only had to replace wear and tear items.

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
this subaru is spot on really....

If i was looking for a scoobs i dont think i'd think twice... lovely car.

herbie

Member +
Hi mate, whats the mileage in total? before the rebuild?

also, is this a uk spec wrx sti (sorry not clued up on scoobs)

Mileage on the odo is 59400. The engine was rebuilt at around 33000 miles. It was rebuilt due to a incompetant tuner I used melted it.

Its a UK Spec Turbo AWD. The engine is full STi Spec though - tougher pistons and rods, Sti ported heads and Sti cams, competition bearings, upgraded oil pump.

herbie

Member +
Additional spec

Apexi Power FC and Commander engine management
550 cc Injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Adjustable fuel pressure reg
Dump Valve
Apexi air filter
Silicone hose kit
Lowered suspension
17" Black Tarmac alloy wheels
HKS Turbo timer
Iridium spark plugs

101_0027.jpg

100_0565-1.jpg

100_1225.jpg

Gilly2006

Member +
oh man thats smart!! i would have that if i had the money and wasn't 18. i like scoobies that stand out like this. fantastic! good luck with the sale.