3bar map sensor? mr2? 3sgte?

dac69er

Super Moderator
is there a 3 bar map sensor that will be direct replacement for the stock starlet sensor plug wise?

looking at fitting one on my car with the power fc. i have the choice of using an sw20 one in the options menu, is it 3 bar???? is it worth upgrading to it?

wojtas

Fresh Recruit
no, neither mr2 nor st205 is 3 bar.
There is no plug and play toyota 3 bar map sensor. You have to buy after market one.

dac69er

Super Moderator
would there be any advantage in using a 3sgte map sensor over a normal starlet one?

im sure ive seen some of these sensors on ebay advertised as 3 bar???

dac69er

Super Moderator
they aren't 3 bar.
st 205 is a bit less than 1,8 bar

a stock starlet one is 2 bar and only reads up to almost 1.1 bar. if the st205 one would read a bit higher then that would do what i want it to do as i only want to run 1.2 bar max.

dac69er

Super Moderator
right, ok, so its almost a 3 bar sensor then.

so i assume its just the rev 3 mr2 turbo and the st205 variants of the 3sgte engine that have this sensor? or do any of the earlier ones have a sensor that reads this?

dac69er

Super Moderator
ok thanks. do you know if these use the same electrical plug as the starlet map sensor?

if so i will try and get hold of one!

bigdoods

Member +
i know for a fact that the rev3 mr2 ones are a direct fit plug and play 3bar map sensor.i had one in my car and the power fc was reading it no problemo

dac69er

Super Moderator
i know for a fact that the rev3 mr2 ones are a direct fit plug and play 3bar map sensor.i had one in my car and the power fc was reading it no problemo

cock on. dont happen to still have it do you? or do you have the part number for it so i can try and find one?

i guess all you did is change the map sensor setting on the power fc and it worked?

bigdoods

Member +
no nothing.the tuner did that if it needs doing.the map sensor worked a treat and i was running 1.5 bar.no i dont.i found the part number by searching mr2 forums to get the exact part number.print this into google mr2 rev3 map sensor part number:cool:

dac69er

Super Moderator
Dunc... 89420-17050

that is the part number, they are a pig to find :(

thanks mate. was just going to ask around forums and stuff. hope someone has an st205 or rev 3 mr2 they are breaking or something.

its not desperate but would be nice. sure ill come up with something eventually

lukep

Member +
I know this is digging up an old thread but would like to add I've measured both standard map sensor on a mk3 GT and a map sensor off a celica GEN6 (same as mr2 rev3 map sensor)

Standard MAP sensor can read max = 18psi (1.24 Bar) 2.69v @ 0psi and 5.01v @ 18psi
Celica MAP sensor can read max = 26psi (1.79 Bar) 2.35v @ 0psi and 5.01v @ 26psi