3G 20s rotors

justsumguy

Member +
I'm thinking about getting 3Gs. But by the looks of the 20 grooves, there seems to very little surface area. Anybody have heavy breaking experience with the 20s and no abs.
Thanks for looking!
JP

thechomper

Member +
yes i have them and they are top notch,great brake response from them ,really great upgrade from standard,i am using mintex extreme pads ,great combo,i'm really happy with them ,just need some need new braided lines and 5.1 brake fluid ,should finish my braking ,i will be running over 200bhp soon ,and think these are well up for the job and i would highly recommend them,

just to add , i have no abs ,and i have used them to stop hard ,and they stop straight away

Last edited:

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I'm thinking about getting 3Gs. But by the looks of the 20 grooves, there seems to very little surface area. Anybody have heavy breaking experience with the 20s and no abs.
Thanks for looking!
JP

Shouldnt make any difference mate, probably better in fact. I have the drilled and grooved disks and are well worth getting (as said above)

Texx

Super Moderator
I'm using 3G 20 groove discs with TRD pads. I wouldn't say they were amazing, but probably as good as stock size brakes are going to get.

Was quite impressed with their performance on track on Saturday after bleeding the fluid out again.
Was driving the car fairly hard, braking from around 95mph into a 30-40mph tight section of bends and didn't experience any fade whatsoever.

I must stress tho, that I still feel the need for more braking power, the car doesn't pull up as quick as I would like.
Also if you are driving on a circuit that has a series of long straights with certain bends similar to roundabouts on them, resulting in frequent heavy braking from high speeds, I would be inclined to say you will get severe brake fade once the discs over heat. :homer:

So in summary, its a perfect setup for on the road, the pads get up to temperature fairly quickly, but for track use, think about getting a setup thats a tad bigger.

Oh, ABS :flame: I'm ABS free!

Spoonz

Member +
my 10 grooved and dimpled are the same not amazed with them and i also feel i need more breaking power has above but thats prob down to me loving to drive quick etc,
I wish i brought the celica brakes or something similar has this would have been the better option. but then saying that im running near 240bhp so thats prob why. Really drepends on what power your running if your going for 300 bhp then there no good if your going for 200 bhp there perfect

justsumguy

Member +
would gt4 brakes and calipers fit? If it fit the hubs then all is needed are redrilled lug holes and 16" sine there huge! I think 300mm rotors?
im looking to stop hogh power, im aiming for atleast 20lbs on a tdo4.
thanks for the replies
peace
JP

Sorry I'm pretty messed up right now to lazy to change words