3rd Turbo light????

Rob_GlanzaV

Fresh Recruit
Hey lads... and lasses?

i brought my glanza about 3 week ago and i noticed last week my 3rd turbo light was dropping off as soon as i went past 6,000revs and now its dropped to 5,500?

she's completely standard apart from bypass on the lo boost mode which was already done when i brought it and it was fine then so im assuming its not that. iv read around a bit on here and im thinking it could possibly be the standard actuator?? it does feel like its lost power and drops off even more along with the light. i dont have a boost gauge to monitor what its boosting.

iv already ordered a hks adjustable actuator as i wanted one anyway but its just sooner than i thought. i'l be fitting that little puppy tuesday night hopefully it will fix the promblem

any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks lads =)

kungfu panda

Member +
standard actuators are poor, the spring is not really strong and will have weakened over the years, as V's are now 13/14 years old

MentaLEP91

Member +
14y old? glanza v was produced from 1996-99 so it aint that old :p..anyways hello mate its probably the old actuator or a crack in the turbo.

Rob_GlanzaV

Fresh Recruit
14y old? glanza v was produced from 1996-99 so it aint that old :p..anyways hello mate its probably the old actuator or a crack in the turbo.

yea lol im on a '96' P reg :)
thanks dude, thought it would be the actuator but just wondered if it could be a few other things. i hope its not a crack! or the td04 will be going on even sooner too :p

if it was a crack would there be any distinct noise? i know its just a crack but it doesnt make a peep... well a bad one anyway:p