3s-ge swap into Toyota Paseo EL54

Fiffi

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys!

I am planning an engine conversion on my Toyota Paseo EL54. The current mounted engine is a 5e-fe, the engine I plan to install is a 3s-ge of a Celica or MR2.

Because the engine-room of the Paseo and the Starlet are identical, I wanted to ask you if someone has made photos of his 3s-ge / 3s-gte swap. First and foremost, I would like to see pictures of the framework that needs to be cut - so the engine and transmission fit.

I would be grateful to you for more info.

PS: Sorry for my bad English, it doesn't go better with the language tool of Google :haha:

Dave.

Member +
Search for posts by starlet3SGTE

He has done this, and posted quite a few images of it.

Dave

Fiffi

Fresh Recruit
Hi Dave!

Thanks for your info. I`ve just written to starlet3SGTE a message, I hope he gives me an answer.

Do you know somebody else who has pictures of such a swap?

Dave.

Member +
He's the only person I've seen complete it :)

I've seen a few cars on here start but, but never see it through to completion :(

Dave

Fiffi

Fresh Recruit
Sorry but I haven't found the thread where starlet3SGTE posted the photos of his swap. I can only find one theme, but it seems that it doen't exist anymore...:(

gedis

Member +
paseo has alot more room inside engine bay that a starlet so shoud be easy enough to get it in there

Nippon

Member +
Become a member and look in the members garage. U will find all the details in there i think.
MD

*EDIT* Having said that i cant find it now either.

Last edited:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
He's the only person I've seen complete it :)

I've seen a few cars on here start but, but never see it through to completion :(

Dave

well quite a while ago we had a member from the states who had put in a forged lump into a tercel.. iirc he was running over 400whp & even more at a point.. he had a white tercel.. then (yet again iirc) he had put everything into a starlet including a t66 turbo to the equation..

cant remember his username unfortunately, but its been done quite a few times in the states :)

kon