3sgte in starlet

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Cheers sanchez!

It may have been a good read but 3 of the main pages have dissapeared....

Conversion requires alot of work. There's differnt ways of doing things depending what way you wana go. I've wanted a very road friendly route however there are problems to overcome. You need a fair amount of money on parts, some reasearch and a good amount of custom work.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
Cheers sanchez!

It may have been a good read but 3 of the main pages have dissapeared....

Conversion requires alot of work. There's differnt ways of doing things depending what way you wana go. I've wanted a very road friendly route however there are problems to overcome. You need a fair amount of money on parts, some reasearch and a good amount of custom work.

this was one of the best conversions done lad,id always been wanting to do this one,

Rory

Lifer
Get the place that Dan3sgte had his done by and speak to them.
Never beat a bit of first hand experiance.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Get the place that Dan3sgte had his done by and speak to them.
Never beat a bit of first hand experiance.

It's fine he can ask me. I know exactly what's in the car, what is used and how it was put in. There isn't much I couldn't anwser about my conversion.

richglanzav

Member +
just outta curiosity how much wud ya be lookin at to put a totally standard 3sgte in a starlet or glanza? whats the 3sgte engine produce in stock form? cus u probz have a car there that would put most td04 starlets to shame with the 2 litre mid range power? or is that wrong lol

Rory

Lifer
Fair point.

But from a personal point of view, i would rather speak to the person who put it in and done the conversion, rather than someone who opened there cheque book. ;) (on any conversion, not just this one)

It's fine he can ask me. I know exactly what's in the car, what is used and how it was put in. There isn't much I couldn't anwser about my conversion.

Phil

Super Moderator
just outta curiosity how much wud ya be lookin at to put a totally standard 3sgte in a starlet or glanza? whats the 3sgte engine produce in stock form? cus u probz have a car there that would put most td04 starlets to shame with the 2 litre mid range power? or is that wrong lol

thats right very right. but expensively so.

Phil

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Parts alone including engine was around the 8K mark although I payed 3K for my engine. You could get that cheaper I just got a low miler from a company.

In terms of mid range perforance It had mych more then td04 starlets your right, with the basic mods I had.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Fair point.

But from a personal point of view, i would rather speak to the person who put it in and done the conversion, rather than someone who opened there cheque book. ;) (on any conversion, not just this one)

At the time I sorced most parts for the car and how I wanted it built, I didn't just open a cheque book.

This was done over 2 years ago now, since then I've worked on and around my engine so many times and have much greater mechanical knowlede and practical experience there isn't much I couldn't tell. Also many hours of speaking to my guy.

I'm not claiming to be most experienced just saying, I know exactly what my car is about.

richglanzav

Member +
fook! i wasnt expecting that much... 8k jeez. do a little list dan lol im intrigued now. where did 8k go? mind u i spose its the custom work that costs the dosh, and a good forged td04 conversion to a glanza is a good few k so....spose it does add up really.

KrissyB

Member +
It's a great car shame about the driver:slap:lol.

Dan's knowledge on this car is top notch and the amount of custom work is unreal but he has had issues along the way and is still rectifying these now. If you want this route and dont have any mechanical experience your fucked if something goes tits up

NosydneW

Member +
It ain't an easy task mate.....custom stuff are a must.
time and money and proper resources are the keys.

Phil

Super Moderator
It ain't an easy task mate.....custom stuff are a must.
time and money and proper resources are the keys.

hey hey, long time no posts wendyson :)

i for one would be scared by the work involved in a 3sgte starlet.

Phil

Last edited: