3sgte Swap

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Any Celica/MR2 tranny will work but assuming you dont cut the chassis leg then the Turbo box is a bit big and catches on the leg. The ST185 box which im using just about fits in but the 5th gear sticks out a bit far and catches a 195 tire on full lock. 5mm spaces help a bit, i'd say 10mm should work perfectly on a 195 tire. Im eventually going to be running at least 20mm spacers when the arches have been made larger. Its not a big problem anyway as full lock is only really used for parking.

Watch out for that 3rd syncro, they are weak as fuck especially running the torque from the 3SGTE.

richglanzav

Member +
i would love to do this too if i have the dollar maybe one day...dan mate did u have a problem with the engine sitting too low? u got a link to your garage build thread dude i cant find it :( how is the 3sgte starship doing these days?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Rich,

On 14/60 profile i had terrible clearance issues. On 15/50 profile clearance was fine. This was fairly high ride height though. I need to sort something out, maybe run 16's with a 50 profile as ive lowered the car alot and the exhaust is about 1 inch off the ground lol!

The cars been sitting for about 2 years now. Worked on it over last summer, got it now how i want body/interior wise(more or less) needs a blow over. Now all i need is a running engine again, as my head gasket is well on its way and turbo smokes like crazy. Getting a rebuild from a friend(standard spec) and drive the car on the same engine set up as before but run on a GT35 on VERY low boost to achieve between 300-330BHP to be safe. Maybe run a slightly thicker gasket to allow a tad more boost.

Then when im in a better financial situation build a better spec engine with forged parts and run higher boost. I would like a genuine 500WHP on full chat. And just enjoy it.

Here is the link: http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/dynamics/showentry.php?e=24962&catid=6

Although ive not updated in ages. It has a carbing 8 point roll cage in it now just not taken pictures.

She will be running on the streets hopefully around December for sure.