4 speed box, will it work?

kdak

Fresh Recruit
will a 4 speed box from a 4efe engine work with a 4efte engine with an uprated clutch and fly?, im planing to get 200whp do you think the gear box could handle it? oh and can it take an l.s.d?
thanks,
andy

Fishy89GT

Banned
my n/a is 5 speed.. and they are fucking wank.. got through 4 on mine.. so add a tub and 200 hp + n/a box = lolz :)

Fishy89GT

Banned
.. will then blow up when you hit second and if it survives youl be out of gears before the 1/4 line if you run decent power.. and im not sure how a gearbox gives torque?

hardcoreep

Member +
Use it on the rally car. It has survived competition, but its not a a daily driver. MOved t the five speed because the ratios were better.

fastglanza

Member +
.. will then blow up when you hit second and if it survives youl be out of gears before the 1/4 line if you run decent power.. and im not sure how a gearbox gives torque?

have you used one? the gearing is actually much longer and they can handle quite a bit of power. I dont see any difference is gear quality compared to 4ef'T'e gears

Foggy

Member +
There is a lad near me with a 4 speed box in hes gt for years never gave trouble but why put in a 4 speed box there crap

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
lol... funny u say that.. as the 4spd gbx with a welded diff is what has held the longest down our qtm with our local 11sec cars...

kon

Well I'm happy to be proved wrong but I saw one used ages ago and it broke, hence my reply.