4age engine parts swap to fit 4efte

jam

Member +
Hi, Just want to know if I can use the following parts from a 4age fit 4efte.Valve spring,camshaft,head gasket,Clutch are these parts direct swap.Thanks

Texx

Super Moderator

PsychO

Member +
Yup.. the clutch will fit.. its 212mm and 21 spine counts..

i ordered this from ebay.. though it was not good but it fitted...

F1 Racing 6-puck sprung copper ceramic disc (215mm x 21 spline) for my 90-92 COROLLA GTS 4AGE..

i would advice that use the non spring one..

jam

Member +
Yup.. the clutch will fit.. its 212mm and 21 spine counts..

i ordered this from ebay.. though it was not good but it fitted...

F1 Racing 6-puck sprung copper ceramic disc (215mm x 21 spline) for my 90-92 COROLLA GTS 4AGE..

i would advice that use the non spring one..

Thanks for your advice brother but I heard non spring type judder alot and makes driving uncomfortable for street use. Have a look found one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-R...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

item number 390151275846 any feedback on these kit please.Thanks

Fatman

Member +
I can vouch for the clutch being compatible, however everything else is markedly different. 4AGE is a very different (and superior :p) engine.

The unsprung clutch plate actually has very little to do with a juddery engagement, it's primarily down to the friction materials used. The unsprung plate gives a much more direct shift as well as reducing rotational inertia of the clutch assembly. Makes it easier to shift, but shocks the hell out of the gearbox basically.

jam

Member +
I can vouch for the clutch being compatible, however everything else is markedly different. 4AGE is a very different (and superior :p) engine.

The unsprung clutch plate actually has very little to do with a juddery engagement, it's primarily down to the friction materials used. The unsprung plate gives a much more direct shift as well as reducing rotational inertia of the clutch assembly. Makes it easier to shift, but shocks the hell out of the gearbox basically.

I thought the spring around the disk absorb the shock to be transmitted to the gearbox and hence give a smooth operation.

Fatman

Member +
I thought the spring around the disk absorb the shock to be transmitted to the gearbox and hence give a smooth operation.

You're correct, but this has very little to do with the way the clutch grabs. A shuddering or chattering engagement is due to the choice of friction material on the clutch plate, not the sprung/unsprung plate itself.

starlet666

Member +
but being sprung helps it to a degree from shudder as it is absorbing a small amount of the shock from the disk hitting the flywheel

thats my understanding of it

finx

Member +
camshaft = NO

head gasket = NO

clutch + yes

depends on what size 4age clutch you are talking about. the 212mm diameter clutch will directly fit the 4efte flywheel and the c52 input shaft spline

valve springs = yes.

they are the same diameter but a much better spring than stock 4efte or 5e ones. higher rated. not sure by how much however but you can tell by looking at them side by side the 4age spring is much beefier