4agze arp studs

buckets

Member +
any input on tapping these into a 4e block ,size and so on and is it pretty much stright forward to do , torque setting and so on ,something like this in the picture ,has anyone done them ?
ihujheaaoyqyw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

AdamB

Member +
It's got to be drilled out and then tapped with the right size thread tap. Wouldn't trust myself using a handheld drill to do it, nor would I trust anyone with a handheld drill to do it tbh. Take it to a machine shop and get a pillar drill on it. After that it's fairly straight forward, only screw them in hand tight, so i've read before on studs.
Don't forget the head also has to be drilled out as well.

buckets

Member +
It's got to be drilled out and then tapped with the right size thread tap. Wouldn't trust myself using a handheld drill to do it, nor would I trust anyone with a handheld drill to do it tbh. Take it to a machine shop and get a pillar drill on it. After that it's fairly straight forward, only screw them in hand tight, so i've read before on studs.
Don't forget the head also has to be drilled out as well.

any one done it there selfs mybe can give some in put ?

Starlet__SR

Member +
Most people take it to a machine shop so it can be done properly. Its not expensive, and it saves you putting a thread up asking why your head wont clamp down properly or you strip some threads

D

dac69er

Super Moderator
i would use a pillar drill. if you have access to one, do it yourself. if not, then take it to a machine shop.

you could do it with a hand drill, but i wouldnt want to try it

buckets

Member +
i would use a pillar drill. if you have access to one, do it yourself. if not, then take it to a machine shop.

you could do it with a hand drill, but i wouldnt want to try it
will the block have to be stripped down ?or can it be done with pistons in ?

dac69er

Super Moderator
if your going to attack it with a hand drill then you can do it with everything in, just block up everything with rag so no swarf can get in anywhere. but as i said, i wouldnt want to do it.

i would personally strip the whole block down, get the work done and clean it all out before fitting everything back. what is your reason for uprating the headbolts to studs? is your engine forged already?

buckets

Member +
if your going to attack it with a hand drill then you can do it with everything in, just block up everything with rag so no swarf can get in anywhere. but as i said, i wouldnt want to do it.

i would personally strip the whole block down, get the work done and clean it all out before fitting everything back. what is your reason for uprating the headbolts to studs? is your engine forged already?
engines forged yes ,