4agze

iamrab

Member +
i had that engine in one of my ae86's ...to be honest i didnt really like it ,went well enuff but didnt have loads of power for the amount of money was spent on it. you would be better ditching the charger and going turbo tho if its for an ep i wouldnt even bother .

faisalgtturbo

Member +
i might be running one in summer

4agze but turbo'd (4agte)

i dont know what is reuired to fit the block
but dont think much is involved
havnt checked....

also there is a 4age engined starlet in the hyper revs book....

faisal

stu bears gt

Member +
yer was thinking bout doing the conversion and going turboed. new zealand have major powers in there starlets with these. why wouldnt u bother if it was for an ep?

finx

Member +
there is a couple fwd starlets over here running 4agte's. both 200wkw+ one is my brothers who i believe was the 1st to do the conversion about 10years ago.

there is allot of work involved in fitting one.
if you want to run the stock driveshafts and gearbox mounts you need to notch the chassis on the drivers side by about 30mm. not sure how that will go down over there with your MOT guys however.
here if the chassis member is certified by an automotive engineer it can e used on the road.

with the parts and availability of them you guys have over there compared to 5e i would be going 5e due to cheapness of forged internals and other bolt on parts that just dont exist down here for the e series engine.