4E-FTE rebuild (Forge)

So, im doing my homework for the future :) as im thinking of rebuilding the 4efte and go forge!I will keep my current turbo setup CT9 Hybrid at 1 bar or even slightly more max of 1.1bar, i know that i dont need to go forge with that setup but i want to make a durable rebuild once and to keep it safe as possible but still enjoy :drive:!

Im considering Wossner or Wiseco 74.5mm pistons with PEC or Scat rods at the moment, i want some feedback from those who are using these items.I have some questions regards forging rebuild please:

which type of pistons to go 10cc dished or flat top? (to keep head as standard, only a face and using standard headgasket) want standard CR or near!

are all forge engines slap a bit when cold? or this can be avoided if engineered properly?

Regards forge rods, are all rods needs notching on a 4e engine? with notching does you will be weakening the bottom end of the cylinder or it will not make any difference? if needed how you will know how much you need to take off to avoid scratching?

When considering crank bearings, its better to consider which size you need after you check the crank if its need a regrind or not? or there is a method to know before you take it out? (only asking so if possible i can order all in one order, thats all)

Rod bearings and thrust washers are same as standard size with the PEC or SCAT rods?

Oil pump will be changed too, headbolts will do with an ARP ones, new cambelt kit and the other related add on parts!

thread is also open for ideas, what to do, recomendations etc etc im hear to learn guys ;) hear from you

Last edited:

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
if your keeping it at a bar of boost, you will need to keep it on the same cr as stock or else if your going lower with same boost you will loose response/power.

i dont know why your going forged to keep it at a bar... as standard internals are perfectly fine with no problems for a bar of boost!!! but hey.. its your money lol

so whats the best pistons type and head work to be done to remain standard cr? head will only be faced to match the block and standard hg will be used! yep Sheldon i know as i will be boosting to max of 1.1bar but i want it for any future plans that might arise ;)

hkspower

Member +
hi mate... if you waht to run 1.1bar and you still on ct9 u don't need forge, if the engine is good it's np to run 1.1bar.. i had cars run 1.1bar on t3 whit np..

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
mine been running 1 / 1.1 for the past 4 years on the t3.. still healthy (nghamel qrun lol) used and abused! :p

lool Sheld. i know that i dont need to forge but sometime i want to rebuild the engine to refresh it and begin from scratch for a new long life and so can take the opportunity to equip it with gd items for the future

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
lool Sheld. i know that i dont need to forge but sometime i want to rebuild the engine to refresh it and begin from scratch for a new long life and so can take the opportunity to equip it with gd items for the future

standard parts rebuild :p but again! you know!!

u ija mhux problema kieku, mhux gholjin, imma baghtilhom part list mhux hazin :) ha niehu quotation. Ga ghandi quote ta forge (parts only)! Im doing my homework right now :)

if using 74mm 10cc dished forge pistons with standard hg thickness and a head face, what compression will it be different from standard compression? and will it be safe to use 1 bar of boost from a hybrid ct9 tubby or even 1.1bar? and what gains will i have over stock setup?

hkspower

Member +
aw man ... if you want to run just 1bar or 1.1 you don't need any forged pistions... but any way , if you want to forge it to be safe you need to see what do you want. if you are planing to run just a ct9 hybrid don't go for low comp, stay whit std comp or there will be no fun. but if you are going for bigger turbo my be u can go for low comp..

chris
pekitu garage..

thnks pekitu ;) want to retain my current tubby setup, just need to forge in the future just to rebuild the engine to be morea than safe! so what type of forge pistons need to be done to retain stock cr?

hkspower

Member +
any type that are not low comp.. i like to use arias pistion i have them in my gt for more than 3years and i order them for my spec... thay are a bit low comp just 2cc but noting big and are 74.5 than thay will bring the com like std..

pekitu garage

John@ECC

Lifer
We have customers using scat rods and wiseco pistons well over 300BHP in the UK.

I have both in stock ready for next day delievery if your interested.

yes thanks but what specs are pistons?as i want to remain as near as stock cr! pm me with a quote of shipping to Malta please