4E question

terccraz05

Member +
Okay the car is running really good for those of you who know what setup I am using. I just need your guys opinions now.

I upped the boost to 20 PSI on E-85. I guess my question is that okay for a stock 4efte? I mean the afr's are around 11.3-11.5 and the egt's only get to 1150 under full boost. So you think that's okay? What WHP would you think i am around?

20psi on stock 4efte is too much, most run around 1bar (14.5 psi) more or less and is safer, it also depends on the engine condition!

terccraz05

Member +
20psi on stock 4efte is too much, most run around 1bar (14.5 psi) more or less and is safer, it also depends on the engine condition!

What about the fact that it's on E-85? That's like 105 Octane and it burns cooler than normal pump gas. Would that effect the mechanical side of the motor?

Gtstu

Member +
still alot of boost pressure. you could map a td04 to be safe and not lean etc but its the pressure that will break something or more likely throw a rod

terccraz05

Member +
Okay that's why I was asking. What WHP would that put me around though I mean the car hauls ass... I was about 4 cars behind a 500 whp supra so that tells you something.