4efte code light

PsychO

Member +
hi mates,
my car having some problems, havent connected that light which shows the codes.can any one tell me how to connect that light to the ecu(ecu no 10100)...is it connected to the wire no. 10 warning light ...i have no idea..plz guide me through this.....

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
is your car a conversion? i'm guessing so by your previous posts. i would have to look at the info we gathered on mine to see where the engine management light wires to. i'm pretty sure it was on the 16-pin side though which needed no wiring changes (on an ukep91 at least)

PsychO

Member +
i think it is an Ep82 with an ecu part no 89661-10100 which has 2 connectors..i hope u were askin about this ..now u may help me :)
or u can ask again if i am not able to answer u....

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
image courtesy of EP91.com
89661-10100.gif

small connector, pin 10 - warning light. that would be the wire to check i reckon :)

PsychO

Member +
yes mate mine is a conversion..pin no. 16 of connector 2 is VF (check connector outputs) in my ecu ...is this the one which will show the codes??
thankx for ur concern and waitting for further guidence

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
i would think so, at the moment we haven't yet hooked up the diag socket to my coversion, so it's an area i'm not 100% on. hopefully other members will have some extra input for you.

PsychO

Member +
Oo thankx..thankx for this diagram..so u say it is pin 10...but when i connected the bulb with this pin the light turned off as soon as the car started..and there was nothin after that ..no codes..as there should have been as i havent connected 1 or 2 sensors like the lambda sensor ,etc...

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
Oo thankx..thankx for this diagram..so u say it is pin 10...but when i connected the bulb with this pin the light turned off as soon as the car started..and there was nothin after that ..no codes..as there should have been as i havent connected 1 or 2 sensors like the lambda sensor ,etc...

that's normal for the light to go out after the car is started. codes only appear when you do a diag check.

have a read of this

diagnostics.jpg

PsychO

Member +
Oohk...that was a lot of help bro..now i have learnt many things from u..but still didnt understand how to do this self test...and what is this self test connector??

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
you are looking for the diagnostics socket, on a normal ep82 it sits on the rear right of the engine bay and has a plastic cap over it.

to put the ecu into diag mode you first using a paper clip or similar have to bridge out the TE1 and T1 connections as shown in the above pic.

then turn the ignition on,don't start the engine. if there is a fault the ecu light flashes a number of times that will correspond to a fault code listed above

eg

3 flashes, pause 1 flash would indicator a MAP sensor fault.

hope that helps, it is explained better in the picture above. :)

PsychO

Member +
OOooops....mate i think i don have that diagnostics socket in my car...ca a test be performed without this diagnostics socket??

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
i;m not sure, i'm in the same position as you at the moment, my socket isn't wired in either :(

i'm guessing the wiring should be in the loom to attach it though (if you have it) or simply join the wires that would go to T1 and TE1 together.

PsychO

Member +
Ok thankx bro..it really increased ma knowledge..ill try it by conecting these two together...then see wat hapens..:)
thankx
7 TE2 White-Blue Check Connector
8 TE1 Gray Check Connector (Diagnostics)