4efte ecu into paseo loom - distributor pinout

goldenvtr

Member +
im trying a couple of way to fit a 4efte ecu into my paseo, but i have a question:

basicallyi have a question but first 4efte distributor pinout is:

4efte Distributor to 4efte ecu pins ( numbers only for referance)
1. NE whie/blue wire (pin 21 on ecu)
2. G- blue/yelow wire (pin 9 on ecu)
3. G1 orange/blue wire (pin 8 on ecu
4. G2 blue/green (pin 20 on ecu)

5efe Distributor and 5efe ecu to ecu pins
1. NE- (pin 9 on ecu)
2 NE- (pin 22 on ecu)
3 NE+ (pin 21 on ecu
4 ?

so my question is why are there 2 NE- and a missing pin? and what number needs to what number to run the 4efte ecu and 5efe dizzy...

on another note i do have a 4efte ignitor, coilpack,distributor, leads etc
which i tried to wire up but couldn't get any spark and fault code 12 ( no NE or G signal) so i suspect a wire crossover but method 1 is what im trying now as there less wiring involved

also this may come in usful : i have images too which are easier to read ill upload later
5E MT ECU : 89661 – 16490

E01.. INJ 1/3..STA..OX..NE-..IGF..BLANK..IGT..THA..PIM..THW..NSW..E02
BLANK..INJ 2/4..E1..BLANK..NE-..NE+..BLANK..BLANK..VCC..VTA..E2 ..HT..RSO

4EFTE 896610100
E01 INJ 1/3 STA OX G- G1 IGF IGT THA PIM THW NSW IPV
E02 INJ 2/4 E1 KNK E21 NE+ G2 IDL VCC PSW E2 VSV1 DISC

and same again 5efe then 4efte
TE1 TE2 BLANK ELS FC IMO BATT BLANK
VF IMI ACT SPD AC1 BLANK W +B

TE1 TE2 AC2 ELS FC CCO BATT +B
VF BC ACT SPD AC1 EGW W +B

Last edited:

goldenvtr

Member +
cheers i actualy spotted that earlier and it helped alot as got it all running today :)
i made a plug and play harness using 4efte ecu, coil, ignitor, dizzy map sensor tps, knock and ait,sensor and a few extra wires into a diy feild type haness. seems to have worked well, running stock 295 injectors but i had to turn the dizzy all the way back as far as it would go and still only went down to 12deg btdc. i put it down to the long stroke?

anyway clutch has gone and turbo starter smoking so i took the turbo setup off as i need the car for work, only half a days work now i have a plug and play turbo setup lol

ill take some photos of the DIY harness tomorrow and post them in this thread. might some in handy in the future

5e colin

Member +
nope lad u have a timing isseu there already timing is the same on all e series 16v turbo and NA has nothing to do whit stroke check all ur timing marks

anyways fair plays for getting it to work love to see them pics

goldenvtr

Member +
i did think that 5e and 4e should be the same IGT wise (it was on my GT too which is forged 5e td05 20G but now that has a link g3 ecu and coil on plug setup)

it may of been because i used the paseo TPS as when i swapped it for the GT TPS timming did change. anyway ive scrapped the paseo turbo idea now and im going to sell the paseo for possably a nissan Stagea