4efte next to 5efe or 5efhe

E10-2001-CT9

Member +
I only got 4e (left) and 5efe (right)

7_cid_Bild_0388_1.jpg

5e is nearly 2cm higher

an 5efhe got stronger rods....but some 5efe also got these once...

Last edited:

E10-2001-CT9

Member +
as far i know, the 5e is higher...1,5-2cm...dont realy know, because havent took the pics, it was from mate...
5e got different crank and longer rods,think pistons are same.

4efe got thinest rods....
4efte got strong rods..
5efe got thin and strong once...
5efhe alle got strong rods....

i saw an pic somewere in past, but must search where it was...

as far i know, the 5e is higher...1,5-2cm...dont realy know, because havent took the pics, it was from mate...
5e got different crank and longer rods,think pistons are same.

4efe got thinest rods....
4efte got strong rods..
5efe got thin and strong once...
5efhe alle got strong rods....

i saw an pic somewere in past, but must search where it was...

what's different with the crank?

E10-2001-CT9

Member +
good question..i dont know... I think crank could fit, but why ?!?! this engine wouldnt run...you must use 5e rod, so you have to shave 1,5-2cm from pistons...if you use 4e rods,piston would crash with the block

good question..i dont know... I think crank could fit, but why ?!?! this engine wouldnt run...you must use 5e rod, so you have to shave 1,5-2cm from pistons...if you use 4e rods,piston would crash with the block

i wasnt going to install the 5e crankshaft, but i wanted to if it will fit the 4e block

was curious for compatibility for an experiment

artmull

Member +
i wasnt going to install the 5e crankshaft, but i wanted to if it will fit the 4e block

was curious for compatibility for an experiment

The 5E crank has a longer stroke than the 4E crank. Fitting a 5E crank to a 4E block will push the pistons out of the bore of the 4E block. The 5E/5EFHE block is approximately one inch taller than a 4E block. What is done all the time is to fit 4EFTE pistons to the 5E block. Some people like the guys from BIM & TT shave the 5EFHE pistons to lower the compression. Here in the states we just turbo the 5EFHE with the stock 9.8:1 CR with proper fuelling/management and professional tuning and it works with 93 Octane pump gas.