4efte with td05 project

starlet dude

Member +
Ok i'm new here, I'm buildin a Ep70 starlet with a 4efte engine. Have a td05 turbo to fit to the engine. Wut wud i need for this turbo to work an to get it to run about 20lbs of boost or even 15lbs. Wud i have to change the pistons?Injectors? I'm lookin to probally get some megasquirt or some form of management. Right now i'm juss lookin for ideas. HOpefully u guys can help me out

starlet dude

Member +
I doan mind lag....i notbuildin a racin car lol.... If i have lag that means i won't always b drivin on boost an can mayb save some gas

starlet dude

Member +
Some other questions.
Will i have to get a new manifold made to fit the td05?

Can i use back the flange from my current ct9 manifold?

To run this turbo, will i have to change anythin on engine besides juss the manifold? Injectors? ecu? anythin?

Also wut is the most lbs i can run on my stock engine?

G

gaz_turbo1

mate td05 on 1.3 is horrible, i done it for a couple weeks, don't boost till 5200 rpm and if u dont shift quick enough it will lag changing gears, up to u tho, will ahve to run over 1 for the turbo to come to live as nothing happends below that, will have to change manifold, loads of struff to run it safely, and still u cant use it to it's full as u don't have forgies

Adam_Glanza

Member +
if your asking these questions doesnt really sound like your up to doing a td05 conversion lol but still there will be alot of things you need and possibly a bigger engine!

starlet dude

Member +
Shiftin isn't a problem gaz
5,200 rpm sighs that's sad man. Sighs now i confused doan know wut to do from here cuz i already have the td05

G

gaz_turbo1

what td05 is it, new/ used etc, put some pics up and sell it and get td04, or from be better for you to get a hybrid, good for 200+ bhp and lot easier and cheaper way

starlet dude

Member +
if your asking these questions doesnt really sound like your up to doing a td05 conversion lol but still there will be alot of things you need and possibly a bigger engine!

I juss want to have some fun, not buildin anythin that will have 300hp or nothin like that. An i asked the questions becuz this is my first time dealin wid a turbo engine an i want to get insite from someone who knows instead of goin an fuk up everythin then havin to start over. I' not a rich dude or i doan have alot of money to do a big project really so i'm strugglin wit this. Wut is the best turbo for me to use since the td05 is a waste of time then? Wut on the engine do i have to upgrade?

starlet dude

Member +
what td05 is it, new/ used etc, put some pics up and sell it and get td04, or from be better for you to get a hybrid, good for 200+ bhp and lot easier and cheaper way

It's a used turbo don't have much info on it at the moment wud have to ask my friend who gave it to me. I don't see y this turbo is such a problem though, my friend has a 1300 swift wit low ass compression 7:1 an he's usin one of these same td05 turbo an the car is crazy is hell

starlet dude

Member +
Did some research juss now after wut u guys told me today about late spoolin. I have a friend who tune's management an said he can solve my late spoolin problems so i'll b usin the td05.