560 injector map

i recently sold a set of 460 injectors from my 4e engine and have 560 to replace in my 5e build.i need the 5e mapped aswel.its first map.should i have used the 460 injectors or will i be ok to run my engine in using the 560 ones or will i do damage?so what im asking should i get a basic map to run my 550 injectors or what?

any advice is appreciated

cheers folks :D

so i need all stock for a fully forged 1.5 with td05 turbo and high lift cams?

seems a little under rated to me.

any other advice?

cheers triple j

J25GTi

Lifer
so i need all stock for a fully forged 1.5 with td05 turbo and high lift cams?

seems a little under rated to me.

any other advice?

cheers triple j

It will need setting up for the new injectors. Cant just add 100ccs extra of fuel and expect it to be fine lol

5e colin

Member +
do as jay said run in on stock stuff and after 1s the engine is fully run in fit the bigger injectors and turbo etc etc , then cruise to the mapper

otherwise ur going to drive around on a fully blown engine that aint mapped probly end in tears

J25GTi

Lifer
do as jay said run in on stock stuff and after 1s the engine is fully run in fit the bigger injectors and turbo etc etc , then cruise to the mapper

otherwise ur going to drive around on a fully blown engine that aint mapped probly end in tears

You shouldnt run a 5e engine on a 4e ecu without having the fuelling checked first. You have added 200ccs of extra displacement, and a larger turbo the standard ecu will still only add fuel for the 1300...

You should always get your stuff fitted and get a running in map, running in needs to have boost applied as it is the pressure in the bores that bed the rings in.

So you will want everything fitted and get a low boost map put on, then when its run in get it in for its final mapping session.

so i will get it through to a mapper who can put a basic map on my power fc so i can give a little boost to bed in then do a final map and it will be finished?

so do i use the 550 injectors for the initial map or use stock?

im currently using td04 turbo on my 1.3 with zisco external w/g on an emanage ultimate which gave me 257.4 horse power

cheers folks for helping out

just need the stuff confirmed J

cheers

J25GTi

Lifer
so i will get it through to a mapper who can put a basic map on my power fc so i can give a little boost to bed in then do a final map and it will be finished?

so do i use the 550 injectors for the initial map or use stock?

im currently using td04 turbo on my 1.3 with zisco external w/g on an emanage ultimate which gave me 257.4 horse power

cheers folks for helping out

just need the stuff confirmed J

cheers

Rather than ask the "web tuners" on here who probably have little or no experience of mapping, get on to your mapper, they will tell you everything you will need to know, it is what they are paid for .

Every map I have had done has been on the spec you will be using when it is run in etc, they just restrict the boost and revs etc.

I would talk to the mapper who is doing the work and ask what they want from you, they do it day in and day out, these are the people who will know best.

triple j

Member +
am sure the 4e ecu could fuel it below fuel cut along with a wideband and fpr for peace of mind, people have run the 5e on the 4e ecu.

Phil

Super Moderator
am sure the 4e ecu could fuel it below fuel cut along with a wideband and fpr for peace of mind, people have run the 5e on the 4e ecu.

with a wideband indeed, should be safe enough.

still if you have the option of a quick and nasty map you may as well do it.

Phil

5e colin

Member +
You shouldnt run a 5e engine on a 4e ecu without having the fuelling checked first. You have added 200ccs of extra displacement, and a larger turbo the standard ecu will still only add fuel for the 1300...

You should always get your stuff fitted and get a running in map, running in needs to have boost applied as it is the pressure in the bores that bed the rings in.

So you will want everything fitted and get a low boost map put on, then when its run in get it in for its final mapping session.

theres loads of 5e engines running 4efte ecus get ur facts strait the 4efte ecu is wel able to run in the 5e at low boost

i ran in my forged 5e on my mines racing with ct9 at 8 psi fully stock best thing i ever did

Murray

Member +
theres loads of 5e engines running 4efte ecus get ur facts strait the 4efte ecu is wel able to run in the 5e at low boost

i ran in my forged 5e on my mines racing with ct9 at 8 psi fully stock best thing i ever did

You run yours in on a Mines ECU? Not exactly a stock 4efte ecu now is it?
Fraser if i were you, i would get it to the dyno and have them map your Power FC on the 560cc injectors. It wont do any damage to the engine at all.

J25GTi

Lifer

I have my facts straight, unless you have the fuelling checked and everything else you are on borrowed time, every car is different. Some might be able to do it, some wont, and you wont know until you end up with a hole in a piston... lol.

For the price of a forged build etc, getting it checked before running in is hardly the end of the world but could save you £££££'s

5e colin

Member +
You run yours in on a Mines ECU? Not exactly a stock 4efte ecu now is it?
Fraser if i were you, i would get it to the dyno and have them map your Power FC on the 560cc injectors. It wont do any damage to the engine at all.

yes u are right there , mi mines aint stock ecu but the oem gt 4efte will run a low boost 5e ct9 fine for run in proceedure

theres several poeple i know that have been running like that for over a year

J25GTi

Lifer
yes u are right there , mi mines aint stock ecu but the oem gt 4efte will run a low boost 5e ct9 fine for run in proceedure

As I said above, you have been lucky then. Anyone who just tunes without checking the AFR's and det etc is asking for trouble, and then also means the op has to change turbos and injectors etc twice.

Should ALWAYS get it checked by a proper tuner with the correct equipment rather than just assume it is fine. It MIGHT be fine like you say, but it MIGHT not, and if it is not you will end up blowing up your nice new forged build... Id rather be safe than sorry

Phil

Super Moderator

I would agree it has been proven to work, certainly for run in period, after the run in period and when you start trying to boost things beyond the small amounts of boost used at run in, then you would be as well getting the car mapped, after all your going to get it mapped at some stage it may aswell be then.

As I said above, you have been lucky then. Anyone who just tunes without checking the AFR's and det etc is asking for trouble, and then also means the op has to change turbos and injectors etc twice.

Should ALWAYS get it checked by a proper tuner with the correct equipment rather than just assume it is fine. It MIGHT be fine like you say, but it MIGHT not, and if it is not you will end up blowing up your nice new forged build... Id rather be safe than sorry

I can see your point which is simply better safe than sorry, and the manner people have challenged your opinion isnt very friendly granted.

but it has been proven that a 4e ecu can run in a 5e setup. nobody is claiming that you can drive around full throttle unless you have your boost very well limited to very little.

run in is just 1000 miles of mixed driving, if you want to be mega sure you could get the proper ecu and map for the final phase of feeding it abit more boost.

that being said its not luck that the 4e ecu can run the 5e engine, they are very similar and its been proven to work. one 4e ecu isnt doing anything different to another so if it has wokred for a few lads it can work for a few more.

Despite all of this and all argumentative feelings aside, in your position frazer i would get the car mapped now.

Whats is the benefit of putting off that bill? get the mapper involved now why not? you'll save very little if anything by putting that bill off.

Phil

Last edited:
i think im deffo getting a run in map as i also would rather safe than sorry.run it in,drop the oil then back for a final map :D

cheers folks

I would agree it has been proven to work, certainly for run in period, after the run in period and when you start trying to boost things beyond the small amounts of boost used at run in, then you would be as well getting the car mapped, after all your going to get it mapped at some stage it may aswell be then.

I can see your point which is simply better safe than sorry, and the manner people have challenged your opinion isnt very friendly granted.

but it has been proven that a 4e ecu can run in a 5e setup. nobody is claiming that you can drive around full throttle unless you have your boost very well limited to very little.

run in is just 1000 miles of mixed driving, if you want to be mega sure you could get the proper ecu and map for the final phase of feeding it abit more boost.

that being said its not luck that the 4e ecu can run the 5e engine, they are very similar and its been proven to work. one 4e ecu isnt doing anything different to another so if it has wokred for a few lads it can work for a few more.

Despite all of this and all argumentative feelings aside, in your position frazer i would get the car mapped now.

Whats is the benefit of putting off that bill? get the mapper involved now why not? you'll save very little if anything by putting that bill off.

Phil