5e engine

Do all the 1.5 paseo have the same engine? Im after a 5e bottom end for my engine build but not sure what model paseo they come out of? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

GTWorld

Member +
Im sure there two types of 5e, one being the 5efe and the other being a 5efhe ive been told that the 5efhe is the best one to use for a 5e turob conversion but others will clarify.

riko666

Member +
All Paseo's used the same 5E-FE, in the UK at least, the other engine is the 5E-FHE which is found in the Sera, Cynos and a few others - the advantage of this engine is the superior camshafts, but otherwise its of limited extra benefit (unless you want to use the standard internals which comprise of beefier rods than the 5E-FE and higher C/R)

D3N0

Member +
Paseo's only come with 5efe engines only, and are a platform for building a 5e tubo. the 5efhe comes in the Sera, the rods are stronger than the 5efe and can take upto 300bhp with a good tune as demonstrated by carribean tuners and others also. Camshalfts are also better than 5efe. the block remains the same in both engines.

Fatman

Member +
Pretty well covered by the guys above, 5e-fhe rods are an order of magnitude more beefy than the fe equivilents. They will hold down as much power as you can throw at them.

If you're replacing those then it's of limited benefit finding one. Cams are in theory better but the difference is incremental, it's not going to be a large bonus over a 4e-fte head.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
Do all the 1.5 paseo have the same engine? Im after a 5e bottom end for my engine build but not sure what model paseo they come out of? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

only real differance is the 5efhe engine has bigger rods and cams other than that there the same engine:)5efhe engines somtimes come with an acuis intake

riko666

Member +
The gearbox will work regardless, but you will need the 5E Flywheel and Clutch, or if you want the 4E-FTE clutch, you'll need the 3E-TE flywheel

KrissyB

Member +
are both crank shaft the same in the 2 models ?

I believe so Dan, one has a crank sensor and one doesn't though and again oil pumps are variated also. One having the seal in the block the other in the pump.

You need to use your 4e sump and Oil pick up aswel as it has the oil return and the Oil pick up is also longer on the 4e.

I'd rob your oil filter, turbo feed plate aswel, then drill the 5e block to suit.