5E-FE REBUILT, good for rebuilding a 5e-fhe???

VQ'ed

Member +
Hi guys, i plan to rebuilt my newly purchased 5e-fhe. I found a kit on ebay, pretty affordable.

Can you use that kit to rebuilt a 5e-fhe or we need to get a 5e-fhe rebuilt kit??
Is there something missing in that kit to rebuilt the engine, i plan to rebuilt with the STOCK pistons though...

item number on ebay: 130303278881
thanks for the upcoming replies
:rockon:

if i were u i would buy a genuine toyota rebuild kit......some guys have tried non-genuine kits and had endless problems (things not fitting,,,,and stuff wearing prematurely)...the genuine stuff works out cheaper in the long run

apart from that...if u insist on non-genuine stuff, make sure to get it from a place which is reliable----others have used the kit without issues

VQ'ed

Member +
Thanks for the advice groganl2000, i was looking for an answer from you as you seems to be a reference for making 5e engines makes RELIABLE power.

What should I do to make the engine reliable? (ways to tune it, initial base timing, ignition, timing marks, ill run it with the 4e-fte ep82 OEM ECU) Is there any specs or "special attentions" to know when building those engines? ill take the engine to a machineshop to get it done properly, the mechanic needs to know what to look for when rebuilding a jdm engine. (I in canada)

its my first toyota rebuilt. Im used to rebuilt nissans but not toyotas.

VQ'ed

Member +
Good infos gorganl2000, mulberry on tercelonline has the whole recipe figured out but, i'd rather take your words for advice.

you guys are a lot more used to these engines as they are domestic where you live..

VQ'ed

Member +
Would use genuine stuff mate, no cum backs or probs then... just to be on safe side...

yeh, ill order toyota stuff to get it rebuilt. its better off like that. good advice.
wow, its wonderful how people get involved in others projects on this site.

thumbs up, guys.

chinesemafia

Member +
yeh, ill order toyota stuff to get it rebuilt. its better off like that. good advice.
wow, its wonderful how people get involved in others projects on this site.

thumbs up, guys.

where do you plan on getting your kit from as i need one also
i find the one on speed vision is kinda pricy

Good infos gorganl2000, mulberry on tercelonline has the whole recipe figured out but, i'd rather take your words for advice.

you guys are a lot more used to these engines as they are domestic where you live..

mulberry is a very knowledgeable guy:)

give us a run down of what u want to achieve wit your engine....and let us get u on the way:rockon:

kearnsy gt

Member +
Hi guys, i plan to rebuilt my newly purchased 5e-fhe. I found a kit on ebay, pretty affordable.

Can you use that kit to rebuilt a 5e-fhe or we need to get a 5e-fhe rebuilt kit??
Is there something missing in that kit to rebuilt the engine, i plan to rebuilt with the STOCK pistons though...

item number on ebay: 130303278881
thanks for the upcoming replies
:rockon:

use ur gt pistons wit 5e rods mate

VQ'ed

Member +
mulberry is a very knowledgeable guy:)

give us a run down of what u want to achieve wit your engine....and let us get u on the way:rockon:

all right then, i checked on speedvisioncps site and it seems that rebuilding the engine with 1rst grade parts costs an arm and a leg...

oem gasket kit:189.95
rings:99.00
toga HP bearings:195.00
After checking my 5e-fhe, it seems im going to run into fitment problems. I built my manifold custom. it passes an inch from the oil filter and 3mm from the oil filter relocator kit. I dont have any place left. I checked the 5e-fhe and it seems that you cant use the filter relocator kit from the 4e-fte on the 5e-fhe block. (i dont want to get my expenses higher with a relocator kit.) Sooo, i plan to keep the 4e-fte block and getting it rebuilt with the aforementionned parts (if you guys can find them cheaper, im opened).

Will i have to buy oversized pistons if i get the 4e block rebuilt?? i plan to use 5e-fhe rods with the 4e pistons. Is the 5e-fhe crankshaft built stronger/lighter than the 4e crankshaft??? i have the oportunity to use one or the other. Is the 5e-fhe rods with the 4e pistons will get valve clearance issues??

To all the knowleadgeable guys, get me on an idea of how i should get things done, i may do it myself... I have a garage with full hardware to do the job so, i think ill take the time to venture myself in engine rebuilding. its not my first engine rebuilt but first time 4cyl toyota engines....

Last edited:

artmull

Member +
all right then, i checked on speedvisioncps site and it seems that rebuilding the engine with 1rst grade parts costs an arm and a leg...

oem gasket kit:189.95
rings:99.00
toga HP bearings:195.00
After checking my 5e-fhe, it seems im going to run into fitment problems. I built my manifold custom. it passes an inch from the oil filter and 3mm from the oil filter relocator kit. I dont have any place left. I checked the 5e-fhe and it seems that you cant use the filter relocator kit from the 4e-fte on the 5e-fhe block. (i dont want to get my expenses higher with a relocator kit.) Sooo, i plan to keep the 4e-fte block and getting it rebuilt with the aforementionned parts (if you guys can find them cheaper, im opened).

Will i have to buy oversized pistons if i get the 4e block rebuilt?? i plan to use 5e-fhe rods with the 4e pistons. Is the 5e-fhe crankshaft built stronger/lighter than the 4e crankshaft??? i have the oportunity to use one or the other. Is the 5e-fhe rods with the 4e pistons will get valve clearance issues??

To all the knowleadgeable guys, get me on an idea of how i should get things done, i may do it myself... I have a garage with full hardware to do the job so, i think ill take the time to venture myself in engine rebuilding. its not my first engine rebuilt but first time 4cyl toyota engines....

The 4EFTE oil filter relocator will fit the 5E block but only the large centre mounting bolt is used and you need to use Toyota FIPG as a sealant to prevent oil seepage from the 4 small mounting holes. I had the 4 holes welded and with the FIPG there were no leaks. If you do not want to do this you can buy an oil filter relocator kit from Summit Racing part# TRD-1113 it is listed for the Camry but it fits all Toyota 4 cylinder blocks. The kit comes with brass fittings and hoses and you can mount the oil filter onto the inner fender for easier access. +Note+ this is not hearsay I am currently using this kit on a 5EFHE as well as on the 4AGZE in my Corolla. A very good aftermarket head gasket is made by Cometic and sold by raceeng.com. Another good aftermarket head gasket is made by Beck Arnley. BYP in Florida uses the 5E OEM headgaskets on all their 5EFHES on built engines running 30PSI and on standard internally 5EFHES making 298WHP. If you still have a doubt you can go to tercelonline and send a PM to boostjunkie who is currently making 394WHP on his built 5EFHE which has a standard 5EFHE crank, Carillo rods and 9.0:1 CR CP pistons, port and polished head with Web cams, larger throttle body, 850cc injectors, Aasco aluminium flywheel. He is now using a Haltech stand alone ECU instead of his previous 4EFTE ECU plus eManage. A lot of the Caribbean guys use the 4E pistons with the 5EFHE rods on the standard internal 5EFHES. If you check Rory's site hardcore.ep91.com it is listed on there in detail. There are no valve clearance problems with this combination.

VQ'ed

Member +
now that's what im talking about... the infos I had to know, the sources to refer to. GREAT THANKS MAN!!!!! id rather have too much infos and people to refer to then rebuilding after not enjoying the built.

now its getting clearer. ill buy oem stuff then contact receeng.com for the head gasket.