5e oil pressure ???

im getting very close to starting mine up what oil pressure should i bee seeing on my 5e build ive done the modified washer on the oil pressure spring so im ok there just want to no what psi they should be at mind you im going to start it up and rev it to 3000rpm for the cam brake in and ring to seal so im going to want to keep an i on the oil pressure as its all brand new :):)

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
when i start my one up i get about 70-80 psi on this stupid cold weather and sit's about 30 psi once fully warmed up

so is that what i need to be looking at whats the lowest psi should i let it go b4 i should panic and turn it off lol is it best to run higher psi all the time then low psi as this is it the main bit the oil of the engine lol scary to me as my 4e failed on its oil pump and oil pressure

oh gaz just been looking at ya ep85 and youve ditched the power streeing pump did you like the power streeing rack in or get a none power streeing rack id love to ditch mine as bit of a pain on a 5e to me lol

KrissyB

Member +
so is that what i need to be looking at whats the lowest psi should i let it go b4 i should panic and turn it off lol is it best to run higher psi all the time then low psi as this is it the main bit the oil of the engine lol scary to me as my 4e failed on its oil pump and oil pressure

oh gaz just been looking at ya ep85 and youve ditched the power streeing pump did you like the power streeing rack in or get a none power streeing rack id love to ditch mine as bit of a pain on a 5e to me lol

Ditched my P/S pump too.

High Pressure is as bad as low pressure , dont let it go below 1bar on your gauge then panic

billybob

Untrusted Seller

lad yours is alright ,dont be minding krissy he or she has a washer in to up the pressure lad yours is fine my 5e reads the same so does the mates

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
yeah so does dan have the washer mod billyboob,
krissy was yours def 7 bar on first start up? that over 100psi, whats it read now on first start up now it has a fair few miles on it?

yeah i got the ps rack still in with fluid in the line's, work's ok,

scary now so what bar to i need it to be save. so below a bar turn it off lol

so you guys stil have the powers racks just taken the pipes off surly it must get stiff after a while

KrissyB

Member +
yeah so does dan have the washer mod billyboob,
krissy was yours def 7 bar on first start up? that over 100psi, whats it read now on first start up now it has a fair few miles on it?

yeah i got the ps rack still in with fluid in the line's, work's ok,

5.5 bar

3 bar on Idle but my Oil is uber fresh and I have not been on a hard drive yet.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
lad you should be running round 2.5 bar when your engine is warmed up just start it up lad you worry to much :)

so sitting at 3000rpm for the first 20 mins i should see over 3 bar and under 7 bar ????

think i miight ditch my pump as its a little more power im gessing and as the cars are so light proberly dont even need the pump lol

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
yeah that sounds better :p

yeah the racks feel nice without PS, ours are not everyday cars so there no bother with them

yeah when the oil is cold you get hig oil pressure then when it starts to warm up she drops down, then once up to temp say 80'c she should sit at 2 bar 30psi maybe abit lower maybe abit higher

right kool so first start up 3 bar to 7 bar as running it for 20 mins before letting it idle then i should be gettin on idle 2 bar or less or higer with 15 40 minral oil for running in

KrissyB

Member +
yeah that sounds better :p

yeah the racks feel nice without PS, ours are not everyday cars so there no bother with them

yeah when the oil is cold you get hig oil pressure then when it starts to warm up she drops down, then once up to temp say 80'c she should sit at 2 bar 30psi maybe abit lower maybe abit higher

highest my Temp got was 70ish LMAO it was so cold at the weekend