5E rods

wildchild

Member +
im currently running 1.2bar on a 5e engine with 4efte pistons and 5efhe rods with a TD04 with 440cc injectors managed by a greddy emanage blue. i need to get forged pistons and rods coz i want to boost above 1.5 to 2bar. will my 5EFHE rods survive upto 2bar? first of all will my TD04L be able to produce 2bar boost on a 5e? hats the maximum boost that a TD04L can produce on a 5e?
can any1 pls help me on this?

ramses974

Member +
5eFhe are strongs but not so far as we can think..i saw some with 1.8 craking and some not...but before 1.8 -1.6bar you will destroy the pistons themselves ...
your td04 can produce 2bar but in a pain condition and you will destroy it quickly ..you will be in the Heat range for air intake temp

ramses974

Member +
if you plan on runing stock 5efhe rods on forged you cannot do that due to the fact that stock pitson are 'pressed' and forged are with cir-clips.. you have to machine the piston to transform them as circlips like i did on a machine shp

wildchild

Member +
thanks ramses974. i was planning on running stock 5efhe rods on forged pistons up to 2bar if possible but seems it cannot be done? that means i have to get a full kit of pistons, rods, bearings and metal gasket. sigh..
btw will the standard piston rings fit on a forged piston?

Skalabala

Member +
Standard rings usually wont fit because forged piston manufacturers use their own design.
Just make sure you get pistons with ring and pins.
Pistons like arias wont give you pins and rings if you ask for pistons.
Wiseco gives them with pistons as standard.
And going to 2bar you should upgrade a few other stuff just for peace at mind.