5e vs 4e results on just td04l turbo running 1 bar boost.

bigdoods

Member +
5e vs 4e...same td04l turbo set up at one bar boost...5e has no extensive engine work done to it and neither does the 4e,only a 1.2mm steel headgasket,standard internals all presuming engines are set up correctly and mapped. what would you expect to be the results?which would have a higher torque figure,bhp figure,and which would be more laggier etc?and why? cheers,im just wondering

AntEP82

Member +
You'd expect the 5e to give greater hp and torque not sure how much difference 30-50 extra hp? The turbo should spool quicker aswell

bigdoods

Member +
yep apparantly gee did a test on this 4e vs 5e and found that a stockish 4e vs stockish 5e turned out the 5E boosted a good few hundred rpm earlier, produced 30whp/60lbft more than the 4E, and the response off-boost was incredible.just i wouldnt mind finding the post,rep for anyone that could help:)

-Harry-

Member +
5e vs 4e...same td04l turbo set up at one bar boost...5e has no extensive engine work done to it and neither does the 4e,only a 1.2mm steel headgasket,standard internals all presuming engines are set up correctly and mapped. what would you expect to be the results?which would have a higher torque figure,bhp figure,and which would be more laggier etc?and why? cheers,im just wondering

Stock for stock with the mods mentioned, the 5e will have more torque due to displacement and also over a point higher CR. Great if your sticking to moderate boost but becomes a pain in the ass if your going higher. The 5e will also be much better to drive off boost. Depending whether or not your talking a a 5e with the acis intake (will have ore duration on cams) You should make a little more power.

5e will boost quicker due to the above factors. Search for "scragley" on austarletclub. He threw his turbo setup off his mapped 4e onto a realatively std 5e and posted back to back dyno sheets. Not much difference on paper. He put up a fair bit of info on it.

I love my 5e. High CR and std head gasket and head bolts has always held back big power. I blew it a few weeks back so I can now fix a few issues...
Time for 10's :rockon:

*edit* dammit scragley beat me too it. :p

Last edited: