5e

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
well after my first drive off a 5e starlet i now definitley want to go this route but keep td04 to get better spooling i dont want a lag monster , my question is i can get the engine for a nice price and was going to get parts bit by bit then bring it to a garage possibly ecc and pay for labour to do work ,,

its such a big decision as if i start buying parts there is no going back lol ,it would probably take me the best part of 8-10 months to get all the parts but i dont want to end up with a room full of parts and not being able to afford all the labour etc ,,would you do it this way or what would you do ??? :confused:

sanchez

Member +
Ooo 5E, nice one mate, will be worth it im sure, seem like the engine to go for more and more people doing it now :)

Yeah get an engine, and buy all the parts over a few months like you say :)

RS-Ronan

Member +
get onto Gedis,he's going to be doing the work to my 5e when i'm getting it turbo'd!
he knows his stuff.

Tanz

Lifer
Imo i think it would best for you to talk to the garage or ecc before you buy a single thing...For the simple reason that some places can be fussy and might want to supply the parts themselves....So be best to come to an arrangement with them first and then go ahead and buy all the parts if need be....

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
get onto Gedis,he's going to be doing the work to my 5e when i'm getting it turbo'd!
he knows his stuff.

why do ya think i want to go 5e :p:p was out with him saturday had a nice chat and he gave me a spin ,very nice guy and knows his stuff will be calling out again soon for some :beer::beer:

GT_Irl

Member +
Imo i think it would best for you to talk to the garage or ecc before you buy a single thing...For the simple reason that some places can be fussy and might want to supply the parts themselves....So be best to come to an arrangement with them first and then go ahead and buy all the parts if need be....

good advice there!

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.

ya got a price off bob for a 4e build already so if i was going to go for it i would get all the parts off him too:)

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
ya ahh sure your well sorted so give him a call and get a price for your 5e transplant etc....and away you go.....simple as....[/QUOTE]

i wish it was that simple , i need to get a lot of parts a lot and im basically commiting myself to this car for life lol so would you do it put yourself under pressure for the next few months so you can have a fully built car its a big sacrifice to make , would ye do it ??? im 50/50 at the mo

I see what your sayen dude all you'll be thinking about is the fu*king car all the time very stressful to it nearly takes over your life. I'd say if you are doing it tip away bit by bit over a long period at least you still have it on the road while your doing it and wont be stressen the head of yourself rushing if you get me baiii.

Tanz

Lifer
well if you are having any doubts you shouldnt do it at all....

why not save all the money needed to do the build instead of buying bit by bit,that way then your not commiting yourself straight away and have the option of changing your mind also....

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
I see what your sayen dude all you'll be thinking about is the fu*king car all the time very stressful to it nearly takes over your life. I'd say if you are doing it tip away bit by bit over a long period at least you still have it on the road while your doing it and wont be stressen the head of yourself rushing if you get me baiii.

ya good point but im a kind of person who just likes things done straight away i dont like waiting lol , will have to have a serious think about this over the next few days :):)

billybob

Untrusted Seller
why do ya think i want to go 5e :p:p was out with him saturday had a nice chat and he gave me a spin ,very nice guy and knows his stuff will be calling out again soon for some :beer::beer:

who gave you a spin ?
trevor here on the site would build you a 5e fully forgded one for cheap why not pm him save you the hassle of waiting and getting the parts .i think if you trade your 1.3 in he can give ya a discount

Last edited:

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
well if you are having any doubts you shouldnt do it at all....

why not save all the money needed to do the build instead of buying bit by bit,that way then your not commiting yourself straight away and have the option of changing your mind also....

the engine is for sale now and i cant save that way anytime i have a few bob in the bank i will just blow it i always do :):) buying parts bit by bit or all at once are my options lol

ya good point but im a kind of person who just likes things done straight away i dont like waiting lol , will have to have a serious think about this over the next few days :):)

Thats the 'I want it and I want it now' attitude unfortunately I suffer from the same disorder its a cunt lol bankrupting yourself everytime you get money. Its a curse.:haha:

Tanz

Lifer
the engine is for sale now and i cant save that way anytime i have a few bob in the bank i will just blow it i always do :):) buying parts bit by bit or all at once are my options lol

haha ahh what are you like....

is this the way you would ultimately like to have your car??

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
haha ahh what are you like....

is this the way you would ultimately like to have your car??

ya definitely:)
Thats the 'I want it and I want it now' attitude unfortunately I suffer from the same disorder its a cunt lol bankrupting yourself everytime you get money. Its a curse.:haha:

you dont realise how true that is you just basically summed me up in them few sentences :):)

who gave you a spin ?
trevor here on the site would build you a 5e fully forgded one for cheap why not pm him save you the hassle of waiting and getting the parts .i think if you trade your 1.3 in he can give ya a discount

ya will try trevor forgot about him and it was gedis :):)

billybob

Untrusted Seller
:)
ya definitely:)

you dont realise how true that is you just basically summed me up in them few sentences :):)

ya will try trevor forgot about him and it was gedis :):)

well how does gedis 5e compare to a 4e then:)did he convert you to 5e power then