5efhe build

1sik_gt

Member +
hey guys.

im gona be building a forged 5efhe engine this year and just got a few questions.

i have the engine already and just bought some oversized 4efte pistons and pauter rods.

what else should i look at doing to the engine before i put it in. i'll be running it with a hks-gtss turbo (redesigned gt28rs), g3 link, evo coil pack etc.

my current 4e setup with the same turbo runs mint but wanna have the 5e instead.

thanks

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
It depends how far you want to really go, you can work on the heads substantially with a port and polish and you consider oversized valves but for most it really isn't needed unless you are trying to extract the full potential. Bottom end wise you can lighten the crank although again for most a lightweight flywheel will be more than enough especially if you plan to run more revs than stock as the crank will take a lot of abuse.

You can retain your 4efte sump which means you can utilise the original oil return and you can use your 4efte head no problems. You can consider cermaic coating the pistons, de-burring the entire block, opening up the oil galleries the choice is endless like anything it depends where you want to take her. Unless your going for a world record a basic rebuild with forged internals, new bearings, shells, gaskets will be more than enough for most. What boost do you plan to run and which HKS turbo will you be running, what model number?

Thanks,

T

1sik_gt

Member +
i'll definately be getting the head ported and polished along with a custom intake and sr20de 60mm throttle body.
my aim to at least get down to 12's on street tyres, even if it is a 12.99 i'd be happy.

as far as i know the turbo is a hks-gtss which im told is the same as a garrett gt28rs turbo but has been slightly modified to reduce lag.,