5efte injector sizing

heathw

Fresh Recruit
hey all i have a 5efte on standard injection and its running lean (advised on dyno). Im in the process of getting a fpr but thinking beyond that i was thinking of getting some bigger injectors (and later ecu). my logic for sizing the injectors was as follows, I was hoping you guys would confirm my thinking:

engine size increase = 1500 / 1300 = 1.15
current injector size = 295cc ( i have read)
reqd injector size = 295 x 1.15 = 340cc

4agze injector = 365 cc therefore pretty suitable.

if that runs rich, maybe i can back off the fuel pressure to reduce flow. do you guys see any issue with this?

nyahbingi

Member +
460cc FTW. RX7 PNP Injectors. (66% duty cycle on 20psi on my 5E with TD05)

The 4AGZE are low impedence if i am not mistaken.

460cc FTW. RX7 PNP Injectors. (66% duty cycle on 20psi on my 5E with TD05)

The 4AGZE are low impedence if i am not mistaken.

imo 460cc injectors are not the best thing for this guy...UNLESS he gets some sort of electronic fuel controller

yes, 4agze 365cc injectors are low imp and should only be used with a resistor pack on our cars....but u would still need and electronic fuel controller to accurately tune them. these may be too big for the stock ecu to control...i'm not sure how they would run even if u turned down the fuel pressure, it might well be better to just turn up the pressure on the stock injectors .....maybe:cool:

@heathw...your calculations look good in theory,,,but u need to remember that things in the engine are not necessarily operating in a linear fashion...so your calculation may still be somewhat "wrong" in this case

you can run 295cc (stock), 315cc or 330cc injectors without too much hassle---basic stock ecu along with with an ADJUSTABLE fpr for your basic needs at this time.....

go back to your dyno and get it adjusted accordingly

i believe this has been mentioned in a previous tread, but i could be wrong:cool:

Last edited: